1. All praise is due to Allah, Who created the heavens and the
earth and made the darkness and the light; yet those who disbelieve
set up equals with their Lord.
2. He it is Who created you from clay, then He decreed a
term; and there is a term named with Him; still you doubt.
3. And He is Allah in the heavens and in the earth; He knows
your secret (thoughts) and your open (words), and He knows
what you earn.
4. And there does not come to them any communication of
the communications of their Lord but they turn aside from it
5. So they have indeed rejected the truth when it came to
them; therefore the truth of what they mocked at will shine upon
6. Do they not consider how many a generation We have
destroyed before them, whom We had established in the earth as
We have not established you, and We sent the clouds pouring
rain on them in abundance, and We made the rivers to flow
beneath them, then We destroyed them on account of their faults
and raised up after them another generation.
7. And if We had sent to you a writing on a paper, then they
had touched it with their hands, certainly those who disbelieve
would have said: This is nothing but clear enchantment.
8. And they say: Why has not an angel been sent down to
him? And had We sent down an angel, the matter would have
certainly been decided and then they would not have been
9. And if We had made him angel, We would certainly have
made him a man, and We would certainly have made confused
to them what they make confused.
10. And certainly apostles before you were mocked at, but
that which they mocked at encompassed the scoffers among
11. Say: Travel in the land, then see what was the end of the
12. Say: To whom belongs what is in the heavens and the
earth? Say: To Allah; He has ordained mercy on Himself; most
certainly He will gather you on the resurrection day-- there is
doubt about it. (As for) those who have lost their souls, they will
13. And to Him belongs whatever dwells in the night and the
day; and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
14. Say: Shall I take a guardian besides Allah, the Originator
of the heavens and the earth, and He feeds (others) and is not
(Himself) fed. Say: I am commanded to be the first who submits
himself, and you should not be of the polytheists.
15. Say: Surely I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the chastisement
of a grievous day.
16. He from whom it is averted on that day, Allah indeed has
shown mercy to him; and this is a manifest achievement.
17. And if Allah touch you with affliction, there is none to
take it off but He; and if He visit you with good, then He has
power over all things.
18. And He is the Supreme, above His servants; and He is the
Wise, the Aware.
19. Say: What thing is the weightiest in testimony? Say: Allah
is witness between you and me; and this Quran has been revealed
to me that with it I may warn you and whomsoever it reaches.
Do you really bear witness that there are other gods with Allah?
Say: I do not bear witness. Say: He is only one God, and surely
am clear of that which you set up (with Him).
20. Those whom We have given the Book recognize him as
they recognize their sons; (as for) those who have lost their souls,
they will not believe.
21. And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against
Allah or (he who) gives the lie to His communications; surely the
unjust will not be successful.
22. And on the day when We shall gather them all together,
then shall We say to those who associated others (with Allah):
Where are your associates whom you asserted?
23. Then their excuse would be nothing but that they would
say: By Allah, our Lord, we were not polytheists.
24. See how they lie against their own souls, and that which
they forged has passed away from them.
25. And of them is he who hearkens to you, and We have cast
veils over their hearts lest they understand it and a heaviness
their ears; and even if they see every sign they will not believe
it; so much so that when they come to you they only dispute with
you; those who disbelieve say: This is naught but the stories of
26. And they prohibit (others) from it and go far away from
it, and they only bring destruction upon their own souls while
they do not perceive.
27. And could you see when they are made to stand before the
fire, then they shall say: Would that we were sent back, and we
would not reject the communications of our Lord and we would
be of the believers.
28. Nay, what they concealed before shall become manifest to
them; and if they were sent back, they would certainly go back to
that which they are forbidden, and most surely they are liars.
29. And they say: There is nothing but our life of this world,
and we shall not be raised.
30. And could you see when they are made to stand before
their Lord. He will say: Is not this the truth? They will say: Yea!
by our Lord. He will say: Taste then the chastisement because
31. They are losers indeed who reject the meeting of Allah;
until when the hour comes upon them all of a sudden they shall
say: O our grief for our neglecting it! and they shall bear their
burdens on their backs; now surely evil is that which they bear.
32. And this world's life is naught but a play and an idle sport
and certainly the abode of the hereafter is better for those who
guard (against evil); do you not then understand?
33. We know indeed that what they say certainly grieves you,
but surely they do not call you a liar; but the unjust deny the
communications of Allah.
34. And certainly apostles before you were rejected, but they
were patient on being rejected and persecuted until Our help
came to them; and there is none to change the words of Allah,
and certainly there has come to you some information about the
35. And if their turning away is hard on you, then if you can
seek an opening (to go down) into the earth or a ladder (to
ascend up) to heaven so that you should bring them a sign and if
Allah had pleased He would certainly have gathered them all on
guidance, therefore be not of the ignorant.
36. Only those accept who listen; and (as to) the dead, Allah
will raise them, then to Him they shall be returned.
37. And they say: Why has not a sign been sent down to him
from his Lord? Say: Surely Allah is able to send down a sign, but
most of them do not know.
38 And there is no animal that walks upon the earth nor a
bird that flies with its two wings but (they are) genera like
yourselves; We have not neglected anything in the Book, then to
their Lord shall they be gathered.
39. And they who reject Our communications are deaf and
dumb, in utter darkness; whom Allah pleases He causes to err
and whom He pleases He puts on the right way.
40. Say: Tell me if the chastisement of Allah should overtake
you or the hour should come upon you, will you call (on others)
besides Allah, if you are truthful?
41. Nay, Him you call upon, so He clears away that for which
you pray if He pleases and you forget what you set up (with
42. And certainly We sent (apostles) to nations before you
then We seized them with distress and affliction in order that
they might humble themselves.
43. Yet why did they not, when Our punishment came to
them, humble themselves? But their hearts hardened and the
Shaitan made what they did fair-seeming to them.
44. But when they neglected that with which they had been
admonished, We opened for them the doors of all things, until
when they rejoiced in what they were given We seized them
suddenly; then lo! they were in utter despair.
45. So the roots of the people who were unjust were cut off;
and all praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
46. Say: Have you considered that if Allah takes away your
hearing and your sight and sets a seal on your hearts, who is the
god besides Allah that can bring it to you? See how We repeat
the communications, yet they turn away.
47. Say: Have you considered if the chastisement of Allah
should overtake you suddenly or openly, will any be destroyed
but the unjust people?
48. And We send not messengers but as announcers of good
news and givers of warning, then whoever believes and acts
aright, they shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve.
49. And (as for) those who reject Our communications, chastisement
shall afflict them because they transgressed.
50. Say: I do not say to you, I have with me the treasures of
Allah, nor do I know the unseen, nor do I say to you that I am
an angel; I do not follow aught save that which is revealed to me.
Say: Are the blind and the seeing one alike? Do you not then reflect?
51. And warn with it those who fear that they shall be gathered
to their Lord-- there is no guardian for them, nor any intercessor
besides Him-- that they may guard (against evil).
52. And do not drive away those who call upon their Lord in
the morning and the evening, they desire only His favor; neither
are you answerable for any reckoning of theirs, nor are they
answerable for any reckoning of yours, so that you should drive
them away and thus be of the unjust.
53. And thus do We try some of them by others so that they
say: Are these they upon whom Allah has conferred benefit from
among us? Does not Allah best know the grateful?
54. And when those who believe in Our communications
come to you, say: Peace be on you, your Lord has ordained
mercy on Himself, (so) that if any one of you does evil in
ignorance, then turns after that and acts aright, then He is
55. And thus do We make distinct the communications and
so that the way of the guilty may become clear.
56. Say: I am forbidden to serve those whom you call upon
besides Allah. Say: I do not follow your low desires. for
then indeed I should have gone astray and I should not be of those
who go aright.
57. Say: Surely I have manifest proof from my Lord and you
call it a lie; I have not with me that which you would hasten; the
t judgment is only Allah's; He relates the truth and He is the best
58. Say: If that which you desire to hasten were with me, the
matter would have certainly been decided between you and me;
and Allah best knows the unjust.
59. And with Him are the keys of the unseen treasures-- none
knows them but He; and He knows what is in the land and the
sea, and there falls not a leaf but He knows it, nor a grain in
darkness of the earth, nor anything green nor dry but (it is all)
a clear book.
60. And He it is Who takes your souls at night (in sleep), and
He knows what you acquire in the day, then He raises you up
therein that an appointed term may be fulfilled; then to Him is
your return, then He will inform you of what you were doing.
61. And He is the Supreme, above His servants, and He sends
keepers over you; until when death comes to one of you, Our
messengers cause him to die, and they are not remiss.
62. Then are they sent back to Allah, their Master, the True
one; now surely His is the judgment and He is swiftest in taking
63. Say: Who is it that delivers you from the dangers of the
land and the sea (when) you call upon Him (openly) humiliating
yourselves, and in secret: If He delivers us from this, we should
certainly be of the grateful ones.
64. Say: Allah delivers you from them and from every distress,
but again you set up others (with Him).
65. Say: He has the power that He should send on you a
chastisement from above you or from beneath your feet, or that
He should throw you into confusion, (making you) of different
parties; and make some of you taste the fighting of others. See
how We repeat the communications that they may
66. And your people call it a lie and it is the very truth. Say:
I am not placed in charge of you.
67. For every prophecy is a term, and you will come to know
68. And when you see those who enter into false discourses
about Our communications, withdraw from them until they
enter into some other discourse, and if the Shaitan causes you to
forget, then do not sit after recollection with the unjust
69. And nought of the reckoning of their (deeds) shall be
against those who guard (against evil), but (theirs) is only to
remind, haply they may guard.
70. And leave those who have taken their religion for a play
and an idle sport, and whom this world's life has deceived, and
remind (them) thereby lest a soul should be given up to destruction
for what it has earned; it shall not have besides Allah any
guardian nor an intercessor, and if it should seek to give every
compensation, it shall not be accepted from it; these are they
who shall be given up to destruction for what they earned; they
shall have a drink of boiling water and a painful chastisement
because they disbelieved.
71. Say: Shall we call on that besides Allah, which does not
benefit us nor harm us, and shall we be returned back on our
heels after Allah has guided us, like him whom the Shaitans have
made to fall down perplexed in the earth? He has companions
who call him to the right way, (saying): Come to us. Say: Surely
the guidance of Allah, that is the (true) guidance, and we are
commanded that we should submit to the Lord of the worlds.
72. And that you should keep up prayer and be careful of
(your duty to) Him; and He it is to Whom you shall be gathered.
73. And He it is Who has created the heavens and the earth
with truth, and on the day He says: Be, it is. His word is the
truth, and His is the kingdom on the day when the trumpet shall
be blown; the Knower of the unseen and the seen; and He is the
Wise, the Aware.
74. And when Ibrahim said to his sire, Azar: Do you take
idols for gods? Surely I see you and your people in manifest
75. And thus did We show Ibrahim the kingdom of the heavens
and the earth and that he might be of those who are sure.
76. So when the night over-shadowed him, he saw a star; said
he: Is this my Lord? So when it set, he said: I do not love the
77. Then when he saw the moon rising, he said: Is this my
Lord? So when it set, he said: If my Lord had not guided me I
should certainly be of the erring people.
78. Then when he saw the sun rising, he said: Is this my Lord?
Is this the greatest? So when it set, he said: O my people! surely
am clear of what you set up (with Allah).
79. Surely I have turned myself, being upright, wholly to Him
Who originated the heavens and the earth, and I am not of the
80. And his people disputed with him. He said: Do you
dispute with me respecting Allah? And He has guided me indeed;
and I do not fear in any way those that you set up with Him,
unless my Lord pleases; my Lord comprehends all things in His
knowledge; will you not then mind?
81. And how should I fear what you have set up (with Him),
while you do not fear that you have set up with Allah that for
which He has not sent down to you any authority; which then of
the two parties is surer of security, if you know?
82. Those who believe and do not mix up their faith with
iniquity, those are they who shall have the security and they are
those who go aright.
83. And this was Our argument which we gave to Ibrahim
against his people; We exalt in dignity whom We please; surely
your Lord is Wise, Knowing.
84. And We gave to him Ishaq and Yaqoub; each did We
guide, and Nuh did We guide before, and of his descendants,
Dawood and Sulaiman and Ayub and Yusuf and Haroun; and
thus do We reward those who do good (to others).
85. And Zakariya and Yahya and Isa and Ilyas; every one was
of the good;
86. And Ismail and Al-Yasha and Yunus and Lut; and every
one We made to excel (in) the worlds:
87. And from among their fathers and their descendants and
their brethren, and We chose them and guided them into the
88. This is Allah's guidance, He guides thereby whom He
pleases of His servants; and if they had set up others (with Him),
certainly what they did would have become ineffectual for them.
89. These are they to whom We gave the book and the wisdom
and the prophecy; therefore if these disbelieve in it We have
already entrusted with it a people who are not disbelievers in
90. These are they whom Allah guided, therefore follow their
guidance. Say: I do not ask you for any reward for it; it is
nothing but a reminder to the nations.
91. And they do not assign to Allah the attributes due to Him
when they say: Allah has not revealed anything to a mortal. Say:
Who revealed the Book which Musa brought, a light and a
guidance to men, which you make into scattered writings which
you show while you conceal much? And you were taught what
you did not know, (neither) you nor your fathers. Say: Allah
then leave them sporting in their vain discourses.
92. And this is a Book We have revealed, blessed, verifying
that which is before it, and that you may warn the metropolis
and those around her; and those who believe in the hereafter
believe in it, and they attend to their prayers constantly.
93. And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against
Allah, or says: It has been revealed to me; while nothing has
been revealed to him, and he who says: I can reveal the like of
what Allah has revealed? and if you had seen when the unjust
shall be in the agonies of death and the angels shall spread forth
their hands: Give up your souls; today shall you be recompensed
with an ignominious chastisement because you spoke against
Allah other than the truth and (because) you showed pride
against His communications.
94. And certainly you have come to Us alone as We created
you at first, and you have left behind your backs the things
which We gave you, and We do not see with you your intercessors
about whom you asserted that they were (Allah's) associates
in respect to you; certainly the ties between you are now
cut off and what you asserted is gone from you.
95. Surely Allah causes the grain and the stone to germinate;
He brings forth the living from the dead and He is the bringer
forth of the dead from the living; that is Allah! how are you then
96. He causes the dawn to break; and He has made the night
for rest, and the sun and the moon for reckoning; this is an
arrangement of the Mighty, the Knowing.
97. And He it is Who has made the stars for you that you
might follow the right way thereby in the darkness of the land
and the sea; truly We have made plain the communications for a
people who know.
98. And He it is Who has brought you into being from a
single soul, then there is (for you) a resting-place and a depository;
indeed We have made plain the communications for a
people who understand.
99. And He it is Who sends down water from the cloud, then
We bring forth with it buds of all (plants), then We bring forth
from it green (foliage) from which We produce grain piled up (in
the ear); and of the palm-tree, of the sheaths of it, come forth
clusters (of dates) within reach, and gardens of grapes and olives
and pomegranates, alike and unlike; behold the fruit of it when
yields the fruit and the ripening of it; most surely there are signs
in this for a people who believe.
100. And they make the jinn associates with Allah, while He
created them, and they falsely attribute to Him sons and daughters
without knowledge; glory be to Him, and highly exalted is He
above what they ascribe (to Him).
101. Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth! How
could He have a son when He has no consort, and He (Himself)
created everything, and He is the Knower of all things.
102. That is Allah, your Lord, there is no god but He; the
Creator of all things, therefore serve Him, and He has charge of
103. Vision comprehends Him not, and He comprehends (all)
vision; and He is the Knower of subtleties, the Aware.
104. Indeed there have come to you clear proofs from your
Lord; whoever will therefore see, it is for his own soul and
whoever will be blind, it shall be against himself and I am not
keeper over you.
105. And thus do We repeat the communications and that
they may say: You have read; and that We may make it clear to a
people who know.
106. Follow what is revealed to you from your Lord; there is
no god but He; and withdraw from the polytheists.
107. And if Allah had pleased, they would not have set up
others (with Him) and We have not appointed you a keeper over
them, and you are not placed in charge of them.
108. And do not abuse those whom they call upon besides
Allah, lest exceeding the limits they should abuse Allah out of
ignorance. Thus have We made fair seeming to every people
their deeds; then to their Lord shall be their return, so He will
inform them of what they did.
109. And they swear by Allah with the strongest of their
oaths, that if a sign came to them they would most certainly
believe in it. Say: Signs are only with Allah; and what should
make you know that when it comes they will not believe?
110. And We will turn their hearts and their sights, even as
they did not believe in it the first time, and We will leave them
their inordinacy, blindly wandering on.
111. And even if We had sent down to them the angels and
the dead had spoken to them and We had brought together all
things before them, they would not believe unless Allah pleases,
but most of them are ignorant.
112. And thus did We make for every prophet an enemy, the
Shaitans from among men and jinn, some of them suggesting to
others varnished falsehood to deceive (them), and had your Lord
pleased they would not have done it, therefore leave them and
that which they forge.
113. And that the hearts of those who do not believe in the
hereafter may incline to it and that they may be well pleased with
it and that they may earn what they are going to earn (of evil).
114. Shall I then seek a judge other than Allah? And He it is
Who has revealed to you the Book (which is) made plain; and
those whom We have given the Book know that it is revealed by
your Lord with truth, therefore you should not be of the disputers.
And the word of your Lord has been accomplished truly
and justly; there is none who can change His words, and He is
the Hearing, the Knowing.
116. And if you obey most of those in the earth, they will lead
you astray from Allah's way; they follow but conjecture and they
117. Surely your Lord-- He best knows who goes astray from
His way, and He best knows those who follow the right course.
118. Therefore eat of that on which Allah's name has been
mentioned if you are believers in His communications.
119. And what reason have you that you should not eat of
that on which Allah's name has been mentioned, and He has
already made plain to you what He has forbidden to you--
excepting what you are compelled to; and most surely many
would lead (people) astray by their low desires out of ignorance;
surely your Lord-- He best knows those who exceed the limits.
120. And abandon open and secret sin; surely they who earn
sin shall be recompensed with what they earned.
121. And do not eat of that on which Allah's name has not
been mentioned, and that is most surely a transgression; and
most surely the Shaitans suggest to their friends that they should
contend with you; and if you obey them, you shall most surely be
122. Is he who was dead then We raised him to life and made
for him a light by which he walks among the people, like him
whose likeness is that of one in utter darkness whence he cannot
come forth? Thus what they did was made fair seeming to the
123. And thus have We made in every town the great ones to
be its guilty ones, that they may plan therein; and they do not
plan but against their own souls, and they do not perceive.
124. And when a communication comes to them they say: We
will not believe till we are given the like of what Allah's apostles
are given. Allah best knows where He places His message. There
shall befall those who are guilty humiliation from Allah and
severe chastisement because of what they planned.
125. Therefore (for) whomsoever Allah intends that He would
guide him aright, He expands his breast for Islam, and (for)
whomsoever He intends that He should cause him to err, He
makes his breast strait and narrow as though he were ascending
upwards; thus does Allah lay uncleanness on those who do not
126. And this is the path of your Lord, (a) right (path); indeed
We have made the communications clear for a people who mind.
127. They shall have the abode of peace with their Lord, and
He is their guardian because of what they did.
128. And on the day when He shall gather them all together:
O assembly of jinn! you took away a great part of mankind.
And their friends from among the men shall say: Our Lord!
some of us profited by others and we have reached our appointed
term which Thou didst appoint for us. He shall say: The fire is
your abode, to abide in it, except as Allah is pleased; surely your
Lord is Wise, Knowing.
129. And thus do We make some of the iniquitous to befriend
others on account of what they earned.
130. O assembly of jinn and men! did there not come to you
apostles from among you, relating to you My communications
and warning you of the meeting of this day of yours? They shall
say: We bear witness against ourselves; and this world's life
deceived them, and they shall bear witness against their own
souls that they were unbelievers.
131. This is because your Lord would not destroy towns
unjustly while their people were negligent.
132. And all have degrees according to what they do; and
your Lord is not heedless of what they do.
133. And your Lord is the Self-sufficient one, the Lord of
mercy; if He pleases, He may take you off, and make whom He
pleases successors after you, even as He raised you up from the
seed of another people.
134. Surely what you are threatened with must come to pass
and you cannot escape (it).
135. Say: O my people! act according to your ability; I too am
acting; so you will soon come to know, for whom (of us) will be
the (good) end of the abode; surely the unjust shall not be
136. And they set apart a portion for Allah out of what He
has created of tilth and cattle, and say: This is for Allah-- so
assert-- and this for our associates; then what is for their associates,
it reaches not to Allah, and whatever is (set apart) for
Allah, it reaches to their associates; evil is that which they
137. And thus their associates have made fair seeming to most
of the polytheists the killing of their children, that they may
cause them to perish and obscure for them their religion; and if
Allah had pleased, they would not have done it, therefore leave
them and that which they forge.
138. And they say: These are cattle and tilth prohibited, none
shall eat them except such as We please-- so they assert-- and
cattle whose backs are forbidden, and cattle on which they
would not mention Allah's name-- forging a lie against Him; He
shall requite them for what they forged.
139. And they say: What is in the wombs of these cattle is
specially for our males, and forbidden to our wives, and if it be
stillborn, then they are all partners in it; He will reward them
for their attributing (falsehood to Allah); surely He is Wise,
140. They are lost indeed who kill their children foolishly
without knowledge, and forbid.what Allah has given to them
forging a lie against Allah; they have indeed gone astray, and
they are not the followers of the right course.
141. And He it is Who produces gardens (of vine), trellised
and untrellised, and palms and seed-produce of which the fruits
are of various sorts, and olives and pomegranates, like and
unlike; eat of its fruit when it bears fruit, and pay the due of
the day of its reaping, and do not act extravagantly; surely He
does not love the extravagant.
142. And of cattle (He created) beasts of burden and those
which are fit for slaughter only; eat of what Allah has given you
and do not follow the footsteps of the Shaitan; surely he is your
143. Eight in pairs-- two of sheep and two of goats. Say: Has
He forbidden the two males or the two females or that which the
wombs of the two females contain? Inform me with knowledge if
you are truthful.
144. And two of camels and two of cows. Say: Has He
forbidden the two males or the two females or that which the
wombs of the two females contain? Or were you witnesses when
Allah enjoined you this? Who, then, is more unjust than he who
forges a lie against Allah that he should lead astray men without
knowledge? Surely Allah does not guide the unjust
145. Say: I do not find in that which has been revealed to me
anything forbidden for an eater to eat of except that it be what
has died of itself, or blood poured forth, or flesh of swine-- for
that surely is unclean-- or that which is a transgression, other
than (the name of) Allah having been invoked on it; but whoever
is driven to necessity, not desiring nor exceeding the limit, then
surely your Lord is Forgiving, Merciful.
146. And to those who were Jews We made unlawful every
animal having claws, and of oxen and sheep We made unlawful
to them the fat of both, except such as was on their backs or the
entrails or what was mixed with bones: this was a punishment
We gave them on account of their rebellion, and We are surely
147. But if they give you the lie, then say: Your Lord is the
Lord of All-encompassing mercy; and His punishment cannot be
averted from the guilty people.
148. Those who are polytheists will say: If Allah had pleased
we would not have associated (aught with Him) nor our fathers,
nor would we have forbidden (to ourselves) anything; even so
did those before them reject until they tasted Our punishment.
Say: Have you any knowledge with you so you should bring it
forth to us? You only follow a conjecture and you only tell lies.
149. Say: Then Allah's is the conclusive argument; so if He
please, He would certainly guide you all.
150. Say: Bring your witnesses who should bear witness that
Allah has forbidden this, then if they bear witness, do not bear
witness with them; and follow not the low desires of those who
reject Our communications and of those who do not believe in
the hereafter, and they make (others) equal to their
151. Say: Come I will recite what your Lord has forbidden to
you-- (remember) that you do not associate anything with Him
and show kindness to your parents, and do not slay your children
for (fear of) poverty-- We provide for you and for them--
and do not draw nigh to indecencies, those of them which are
apparent and those which are concealed, and do not kill the soul
which Allah has forbidden except for the requirements of justice;
this He has enjoined you with that you may understand.
152. And do not approach the property of the orphan except
in the best manner until he attains his maturity, and give full
measure and weight with justice-- We do not impose on any soul
a duty except to the extent of its ability; and when you speak,
then be just though it be (against) a relative, and fulfill Allah's
covenant; this He has enjoined you with that you may be mindful;
153. And (know) that this is My path, the right one therefore
follow it, and follow not (other) ways, for they will lead you
away from His way; this He has enjoined you with that you may
guard (against evil).
154. Again, We gave the Book to Musa to complete (Our
blessings) on him who would do good (to others), and making
plain all things and a guidance and a mercy, so that they should
believe in the meeting of their Lord.
155. And this is a Book We have revealed, blessed; therefore
follow it and guard (against evil) that mercy may be shown to
156. Lest you say that the Book was only revealed to two
parties before us and We were truly unaware of what they read.
157. Or lest you should say: If the Book had been revealed
to us, we would certainly have been better guided than they, so
indeed there has come to you clear proof from your Lord, and
guidance and mercy. Who then is more unjust than he who
rejects Allah's communications and turns away from them? We
will reward those who turn away from Our communications
with an evil chastisement because they turned away.
158. They do not wait aught but that the angels should come
to them, or that your Lord should come, or that some of the
signs of your Lord should come. On the day when some of the
signs of your Lord shall come, its faith shall not profit a soul
which did not believe before, or earn good through its faith. Say:
Wait; we too are waiting.
159. Surely they who divided their religion into parts and
became sects, you have no concern with them; their affair is only
with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.
160. Whoever brings a good deed, he shall have ten like it,
and whoever brings an evil deed, he shall be recompensed only
with the like of it, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly.
161. Say: Surely, (as for) me, my Lord has guided me to the
right path; (to) a most right religion, the faith of Ibrahim the
upright one, and he was not of the polytheists.
162. Say. Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and
my death are (all) for Allah, the Lord of the worlds;
163. No associate has He; and this am I commanded, and I
am the first of those who submit.
164. Say: What! shall I seek a Lord other than Allah? And He
is the Lord of all things; and no soul earns (evil) but against
itself, and no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another;
then to your Lord is your return, so He will inform you of that
which you differed.
165. And He it is Who has made you successors in the land
and raised some of you above others by (various) grades, that He
might try you by what He has given you; surely your Lord is
quick to requite (evil), and He is most surely the Forgiving, the