1. Successful indeed are the believers,
2. Who are humble in their prayers,
3. And who keep aloof from what is vain,
4. And who are givers of poor-rate,
5. And who guard their private parts,
6. Except before their mates or those whom their right hands
possess, for they surely are not blameable,
7. But whoever seeks to go beyond that, these are they that
exceed the limits;
8. And those who are keepers of their trusts and their
9. And those who keep a guard on their prayers;
10. These are they who are the heirs,
11. Who shall inherit the Paradise; they shall abide
12. And certainly We created man of an extract of clay,
13. Then We made him a small seed in a firm resting-place,
14. Then We made the seed a clot, then We made the clot a
lump of flesh, then We made (in) the lump of flesh bones,
then We clothed the bones with flesh, then We caused it to
grow into another creation, so blessed be Allah, the best of
15. Then after that you will most surely die.
16. Then surely on the day of resurrection you shall be
17. And certainly We made above you seven heavens; and never
are We heedless of creation.
18. And We send down water from the cloud according to a
measure, then We cause it to settle in the earth, and most
surely We are able to carry it away.
19. Then We cause to grow thereby gardens of palm trees and
grapes for you; you have in them many fruits and from them
do you eat;
20. And a tree that grows out of Mount Sinai which produces
oil and a condiment for those who eat.
21. And most surely there is a lesson for you in the cattle:
We make you to drink of what is in their bellies, and you
have in them many advantages and of them you eat,
22. And on them and on the ships you are borne.
23. And certainly We sent Nuh to his people, and he said: O
my people! serve Allah, you have no god other than Him; will
you not then guard (against evil)?
24. And the chiefs of those who disbelieved from among his
people said: He is nothing but a mortal like yourselves who
desires that he may have superiority over you, and if Allah
had pleased, He could certainly have sent down angels. We
have not heard of this among our fathers of yore:
25. He is only a madman, so bear with him for a time.
26. He said: O my Lord! help me against their calling me a
27. So We revealed to him, saying: Make the ark before Our
eyes and (according to) Our revelation; and when Our command
is given and the valley overflows, take into it of every
kind a pair, two, and your followers, except those among
them against whom the word has gone forth, and do not speak
to Me in respect of those who are unjust; surely they shall
28. And when you are firmly seated, you and those with you,
in the ark, say: All praise is due to Allah who delivered us
from the unjust people:
29. And say: O my Lord! cause me to disembark a blessed
alighting, and Thou art the best to cause to alight.
30. Most surely there are signs in this, and most surely We
are ever trying (men).
31. Then We raised up after them another generation.
32. So We sent among them an apostle from among them,
saying: Serve Allah, you have no god other than Him; will
you not then guard (against evil)?
33. And the chiefs of his people who disbelieved and called
the meeting of the hereafter a lie, and whom We had given
plenty to enjoy in this world's life, said: This is nothing
but a mortal like yourselves, eating of what you eat from
and drinking of what you drink.
34. And if you obey a mortal like yourselves, then most
surely you will be losers:
35. What! does he threaten you that when you are dead and
become dust and bones that you shall then be brought forth?
36. Far, far is that which you are threatened with.
37. There is n.aught but our life in this world; we die and
we live and we shall not be raised again.
38. He is naught but a man who has forged a lie against
Allah, and we are not going to believe in him.
39. He said: O my Lord! help me against their calling me a
40. He said: In a little while they will most certainly be
41. So the punishment overtook them in justice, and We made
them as rubbish; so away with the unjust people.
42. Then We raised after them other generations.
43. No people can hasten on their doom nor can they postpone
44. Then We sent Our apostles one after another; whenever
there came to a people their apostle, they called him a
liar, so We made some of them follow others and We made them
stories; so away with a people who do not believe!
45. Then We sent Musa and his brother Haroun, with Our
communications and a clear authority,
46. To Firon and his chiefs, but they behaved haughtily and
they were an insolent people.
47. And they said: What! shall we believe in two mortals
like ourselves while their people serve us?
48. So they rejected them and became of those who were
49. And certainly We gave Musa the Book that they may follow
a right direction.
50. And We made the son of Marium and his mother a sign, and
We gave them a shelter on a lofty ground having meadows and
51. O apostles! eat of the good things and do good; surely I
know what you do.
52. And surely this your religion is one religion and I am
your Lord, therefore be careful (of your duty) to Me.
53. But they cut off their religion among themselves into
sects, each part rejoicing in that which is with them.
54. Therefore leave them in their overwhelming ignorance
55. Do they think that by what We aid them with of wealth
56. We are hastening to them of good things? Nay, they do
57. Surely they who from fear of their Lord are cautious,
58. And those who believe in the communications of their
59. And those who do not associate (aught) with their Lord,
60. And those who give what they give.(in alms) while their
hearts are full of fear that to their Lord they must return,
61. These hasten to good things and they are foremost in
62. And We do not lay on any soul a burden except to the
extent of its ability, and with Us is a book which speaks
the truth, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly.
63. Nay, their hearts are in overwhelming ignorance with
respect to it and they have besides this other deeds which
64. Until when We overtake those who lead easy lives among
them with punishment, lo! they cry for succor.
65. Cry not for succor this day; surely you shall not be
given help from Us.
66. My communications were indeed recited to you, but you
used to turn back on your heels,
67. In arrogance; talking nonsense about the Quran, and left
him like one telling fables by night.
68. Is it then that they do not ponder over what is said, or
is it that there has come to them that which did not come to
their fathers of old?
69. Or is it that they have not recognized their Apostle, so
that they deny him?
70. Or do they say: There is madness in him? Nay! he has
brought them the truth, and most of them are averse from the
71. And should the truth follow their low desires, surely
the heavens and the earth and all those who are therein
would have perished. Nay! We have brought to them their
reminder, but from their reminder they turn aside.
72. Or is it that you ask them a recompense? But the
recompense of your Lord is best, and He is the best of those
who provide sustenance.
73. And most surely you invite them to a right way.
74. And most surely those who do not believe in the
hereafter are deviating from the way.
75. And if We show mercy to them and remove the distress
they have, they would persist in their inordinacy, blindly
76. And already We overtook them with chastisement, but they
were not submissive to their Lord, nor do they humble
77. Until when We open upon them a door of severe
chastisement, lo! they are in despair at it.
78. And He it is Who made for you the ears and the eyes and
the hearts; little is it that you give thanks.
79. And He it is Who multiplied you in the earth, and to Him
you shall be gathered.
80. And He it is Who gives life and causes death, and (in)
His (control) is the alternation of the night and the day;
do you not then understand?
81. Nay, they say the like of what the ancients said:
82. They say: What! When we are dead and become dust and
bones, shall we then be raised?
83. Certainly we are promised this, and (so were) our
fathers aforetime; this is naught but stories of those of
84. Say: Whose is the earth, and whoever is therein, if you
85. They will say: Allah's. Say: Will you not then mind?
86. Say: Who is the Lord of the seven heavens and the Lord
of the mighty dominion?
87. They will say: (This is) Allah's. Say: Will you not then
guard (against evil)?
88. Say: Who is it in Whose hand is the kingdom of all
things and Who gives succor, but against Him Succor is not
given, if you do but know?
89. They will say: (This is) Allah's. Say: From whence are
you then deceived?
90. Nay! We have brought to them the truth, and most surely
they are liars.
91. Never did Allah take to Himself a son, and never was
there with him any (other) god-- in that case would each god
have certainly taken away what he created, and some of them
would certainly have overpowered others; glory be to Allah
above what they describe!
92. The Knower of the unseen and the seen, so may He be
exalted above what they associate (with Him).
93. Say: O my Lord! if Thou shouldst make me see what they
are threatened with:
94. My Lord! then place me not with the unjust.
95. And most surely We are well able to make you see what We
threaten them with.
96. Repel evil by what is best; We know best what they
97. And say: O my Lord! I seek refuge in Thee from the evil
suggestions of the Shaitans;
98. And I seek refuge in Thee! O my Lord! from their
99. Until when death overtakes one of them, he says: Send me
back, my Lord, send me back;
100. Haply I may do good in that which I have left. By no
means! it is a (mere) word that he speaks; and before them
is a barrier until the day they are raised.
101. So when the trumpet is blown, there shall be no ties of
relationship between them on that day, nor shall they ask of
102. Then as for him whose good deeds are preponderant,
these are the successful.
103. And as for him whose good deeds are light, these are
they who shall have lost their souls, abiding in hell
104. The fire shall scorch their faces, and they therein
shall be in severe affliction.
105. Were not My communications recited to you? But you used
to reject them.
106. They shall say: O our Lord! our adversity overcame us
and we were an erring people:
107. O our Lord! Take us out of it; then if we return (to
evil) surely we shall be unjust.
108. He shall say: Go away into it and speak nat to Me;
109. Surely there was a party of My servants who said: O OUI
. Lord! we believe, so do Thou forgive us and have mercy on
us, and Thou art the best of the Merciful ones.
110. But you took them for a mockery until they made you
forget My remembrance and you used to laugh at them.
111. Surely I have rewarded them this day because they were
patient, that they are the achievers.
112. He will say: How many years did you tarry in the earth?
113. They will say: We tarried a day or part of a day, but
ask those who keep account.
114. He will say: You did tarry but a little-- had you but
115. What! did you then think that We had created you in
vain and that you shall not be returned to Us?
116. So exalted be Allah, the True King; no god is there but
He, the Lord of the honorable dominion.
117. And whoever invokes with Allah another god-- he has no
proof of this-- his reckoning is only with his Lord; surely
the unbelievers shall not be successful.
118. And say: O my Lord! forgive and have mercy, and Thou
art the best of the Merciful ones.