1. Alif Lam Mim.
2. The Romans are vanquished,
3. In a near land, and they, after being vanquished, shall
4. Within a few years. Allah's is the command before and
after; and on that day the believers shall rejoice,
5. With the help of Allah; He helps whom He pleases; and He
is the Mighty, the Merciful;
6. (This is) Allah's promise! Allah will not fail His
promise, but most people do not know.
7. They know the outward of this world's life, but of the
hereafter they are absolutely heedless.
8. Do they not reflect within themselves: Allah did not
create the heavens and the earth and what is between them
two but with truth, and (for) an appointed term? And most
surely most of the people are deniers of the meeting of
9. Have they not travelled in the earth and seen how was the
end of those before them? They were stronger than these in
prowess, and dug up the earth, and built on it in greater
abundance than these have built on it, and there came to
them their apostles with clear arguments; so it was not
beseeming for Allah that He should deal with them unjustly,
but they dealt unjustly with their own souls.
10. Then evil was the end of those who did evil, because
they | rejected the communications of Allah and used to mock
11. Allah originates the creation, then reproduces it, then
to Him you shall be brought back.
12. And at the time when the hour shall come the guilty
shall be in despair.
13. And they shall not have any intercessors from among
their gods they have joined with God, and they shall be
deniers of their associate-gods.
14. And at the time when the hour shall come, at that time
they shall become separated one from the other.
15. Then as to those who believed and did good, they shall
be made happy in a garden.
16. And as to those who disbelieved and rejected Our
communications and the meeting of the hereafter, these shall
be brought over to the chastisement.
17. Therefore glory be to Allah when you enter upon the time
of the evening and when you enter upon the time of the
18. And to Him belongs praise in the heavens and the earth,
and at nightfall and when you are at midday.
19. He brings forth the living from the dead and brings
forth the dead from the living, and gives life to the earth
after its death, and thus shall you be brought forth.
20. And one of His signs is that He created you from dust,
then lo! you are mortals (who) scatter.
21. And one of His signs is that He created mates for you
from yourselves that you may find rest in them, and He put
between you love and compassion; most surely there are signs
in this for a people who reflect.
22. And one of His signs is the creation of the heavens and
the earth and the diversity of your tongues and colors; most
surely there are signs in this for the learned.
23. And one of His signs is your sleeping and your seeking
of His grace by night and (by) day; most surely there are
signs in this for a people who would hear.
24. And one of His signs is that He shows you the lightning
for fear and for hope, and sends down water from the clouds
then gives life therewith to the earth after its death; most
surely there are signs in this for a people who understand
25. And one of His signs is that the heaven and the earth
subsist by His command, then when He calls you with a
(single) call from out of the earth, lo! you come forth.
26. And His is whosoever is in the heavens and the earth;
all are obedient to Him.
27. And He it is Who originates the creation, then
reproduces it, and it is easy to Him; and His are the most
exalted attributes in the heavens and the earth, and He is
the Mighty, the Wise.
28. He sets forth to you a parable relating to yourselves:
Have you among those whom your right hands possess partners
in what We have given you for sustenance, so that with
respect to it you are alike; you fear them as you fear each
other? Thus do We make the communications distinct for a
people who understand.
29. Nay! those who are unjust follow their low desires
without any knowledge; so who can guide him whom Allah makes
err? And they shall have no helpers.
30. Then set your face upright for religion in the right
state-- the nature made by Allah in which He has made men;
there is no altering of Allah's creation; that is the right
religion, but most people do not know--
31. Turning to Him, and be careful of (your duty to) Him and
keep up prayer and be not of the polytheists
32. Of those who divided their religion and became seas
every sect rejoicing in what they had with them
33. And when harm afflicts men, they call upon their Lord,
turning to Him, then when He makes them taste of mercy from
Him, lo! some of them begin to associate (others) with their
34. So as to be ungrateful for what We have given them; but
enjoy yourselves (for a while), for you shall soon come to
35. Or, have We sent down upon them an authority so that it
speaks of that which they associate with Him?
36. And when We make people taste of mercy they rejoice in
it, and if an evil befall them for what their hands have
already wrought, lo! they are in despair.
37. Do they not see that Allah makes ample provision for
whom He pleases, or straitens? Most surely there are signs
in this for a people who believe.
38. Then give to the near of kin his due, and to the needy
and the wayfarer; this is best for those who desire Allah's
pleasure, and these it is who are successful.
39. And whatever you lay out as usury, so that it may
increase in the property of men, it shall not increase with
Allah; and whatever you give in charity, desiring Allah's
pleasure-- it is these (persons) that shall get manifold.
40. Allah is He Who created you, then gave you sustenance,
then He causes you to die, then brings you to life. Is there
any of your associate-gods who does aught of it? Glory be to
Him, and exalted be He above what they associate (with Him).
41. Corruption has appeared in the land and the sea on
account of what the hands of men have wrought, that He may
make them taste a part of that which they have done, so that
they may return.
42. Say: Travel in the land, then see how was the end of
those before; most of them were polytheists.
43. Then turn thy face straight to the right religion before
there come from Allah the day which cannot be averted; on
that day they shall become separated.
44. Whoever disbelieves, he shall be responsible for his
disbelief, and whoever does good, they prepare (good) for
their own souls,
45. That He may reward those who believe and do good out of
His grace; surely He does not love the unbelievers.
46. And one of His signs is that He sends forth the winds
bearing good news, and that He may make your taste of His
mercy, and that the ships may run by His command, and that
you may seek of His grace, and that you may be grateful.
47. And certainly We sent before you apostles to their
people, so they came to them with clear arguments, then We
gave the punishment to those who were guilty; and helping
the believers is ever incumbent on Us.
48. Allah is he Who sends forth the winds so they raise a
cloud, then He spreads it forth in the sky as He pleases,
and He breaks it up so that you see the rain coming forth
from inside it; then when He causes it to fall upon whom He
pleases of His servants, lo! they are joyful
49. Though they were before this, before it was sent down
upon them, confounded in sure despair.
50. Look then at the signs of Allah's mercy, how He gives
life to the earth after its death, most surely He will raise
the dead to life; and He has power over all things.
51. And if We send a wind and they see it to be yellow, they
would after that certainly continue to disbelieve
52. For surely you cannot, make the dead to hear and you
cannot make the deaf to hear the call, when they turn back
53. Nor can you lead away the blind out of their error. You
cannot make to hear any but those who believe in Our
communications so they shall submit.
54. Allah is He Who created you from a state of weakness
then He gave strength after weakness, then ordained weakness
and hoary hair after strength; He creates what He pleases,
and He is the Knowing, the Powerful.
SS. And at the time when the hour shall come, the guilty
shall swear (that) they did not tarry but an hour; thus are
they ever turned away.
56. And those who are given knowledge and faith will say:
Certainly you tarried according to the ordinance of Allah
till the day of resurrection, so this is the day of
resurrection, but you did not know.
57. But on that day their excuse shall not profit those who
were unjust, nor shall they be regarded with goodwill.
58. And certainly We have set forth for men every kind of
example in this Quran; and if you should bring them a
communication, those who disbelieve would certainly say: You
are naught but false claimants.
59. Thus does Allah set a seal on the hearts of those who do
60. Therefore be patient; surely the promise of Allah is
true and let not those who have no certainty hold you in