1: Alif Lam Mim.
2. The revelation of the Book, there is no doubt in it, is
from the Lord of the worlds.
3. Or do they say: He has forged it? Nay! it is the truth
from your Lord that you may warn a people to whom no warner
has come before you, that they may follow the right
4. Allah is He Who created the heavens and the earth and
what is between them in six periods, and He mounted the
throne (of authority); you have not besides Him any guardian
or any intercessor, will you not then mind?
5. He regulates the affair from the heaven to the earth;
then shall it ascend to Him in a day the measure of which is
a thousand years of what you count.
6. This is the Knower of the unseen and the seen, the Mighty
7. Who made good everything that He has created, and He
began the creation of man from dust.
8. Then He made his progeny of an extract, of water held in
9. Then He made him complete and breathed into him of His
spirit, and made for you the ears and the eyes and the
hearts; little is it that you give thanks.
10. And they say: What! when we have become lost in the
earth, shall we then certainly be in a new creation? Nay!
they are disbelievers in the meeting of their Lord.
11. Say: The angel of death who is given charge of you shall
cause you to die, then to your Lord you shall be brought
12. And could you but see when the guilty shall hang down
their heads before their Lord: Our Lord! we have seen and we
have heard, therefore send us back, we will do good; surely
(now) we are certain.
13. And if We had pleased We would certainly have given to
every soul its guidance, but the word (which had gone forth)
from Me was just: I will certainly fill hell with the jinn
and men together.
14. So taste, because you neglected the meeting of this day
of yours; surely We forsake you; and taste the abiding
chastisement for what you did.
15. Only they believe in Our communications who, when they
are reminded of them, fall down making obeisance and
celebrate the praise of their Lord, and they are not proud.
16. Their sides draw away from (their) beds, they call upon
their Lord in fear and in hope, and they spend
(benevolently) out of what We have given them.
17. So no soul knows what is hidden for them of that which
will refresh the eyes; a reward for what they did.
18. Is he then who is a believer like him who is a
transgressor? They are not equal.
19. As for those who believe and do good, the gardens are
their abiding-place; an entertainment for what they did.
20. And as for those who transgress, their abode is the
fire; whenever they desire to go forth from it they shall be
brought back into it, and it will be said to them: Taste the
chastisement of the fire which you called a lie.
21. And most certainly We will make them taste of the nearer
chastisement before the greater chastisement that haply they
22. And who is more unjust than he who is reminded of the
communications of his Lord, then he turns away from them?
Surely We will give punishment to the guilty.
23. And certainly We gave the Book to Musa, so be not in
doubt concerning the receiving of it, and We made it a guide
for the children of Israel.
24. And We made of them Imams to guide by Our command when
they were patient, and they were certain of Our
25. Surely your Lord will judge between them on the day of
resurrection concerning that wherein they differ.
26. Does it not point out to them the right way, how many of
the generations, in whose abodes they go about, did We
destroy before them? Most surely there are signs in this;
will they not then hear?
27. Do they not see that We drive the water to a land having
no herbage, then We bring forth thereby seed-produce of
which their cattle and they themselves eat; will they not
28. And they say: When will this judgment take place, If you
29. Say: On the day of judgment the faith of those who (now)
disbelieve will not profit them, nor will they be respited.
30. Therefore turn away from them and wait, surely they too