1. All praise is due to Allah, the Originator of the heavens
and the earth, the Maker of the angels, messengers flying on
wings, two, and three, and four; He increases in creation
what He pleases; surely Allah has power over all things.
2. Whatever Allah grants to men of (His) mercy, there is
none to withhold it, and what He withholds there is none to
send it forth after that, and He is the Mighty, the Wise
3. O men! call to mind the favor of Allah on you; is there
any creator besides Allah who gives you sustenance from the
heaven and the earth? There is no god but He; whence are you
then turned away?
4. And if they call you a liar, truly apostles before you
were called liars, and to Allah are all affairs returned.
5. O men! surely the promise of Allah is true, therefore let
not the life of this world deceive you, and let not the
archdeceiver deceive you respecting Allah.
6. Surely the Shaitan is your enemy, so take him for an
enemy; he only invites his party that they may be inmates of
7 (As for) those who disbelieve, they shall have a severe
punishment, and (as for) those who believe and do good, they
shall have forgiveness and a great reward.
8. What! is he whose evil deed is made fairseeming to him so
much so that he considers it good? Now surely Allah makes
err whom He pleases and guides aright whom He pleases, so
let not your soul waste away in grief for them; surely Allah
is Cognizant of what they do
9. And Allah is He Who sends the winds so they raise a
cloud, then We drive it on to a dead country, and therewith
We give life to the earth after its death; even so is the
10. Whoever desires honor, then to Allah belongs the honor
wholly. To Him do ascend the good words; and the good deeds,
lift them up, and (as for) those who plan evil deeds, they
shall have a severe chastisement; and (as for) their plan,
it shall perish.
11. And Allah created you of dust, then of the life-germ,
then He made you pairs; and no female bears, nor does she
bring forth, except with His knowledge; and no one whose
life is lengthened has his life lengthened, nor is aught
diminished of one's life, but it is all in a book; surely
this is easy to Allah.
12. And the two seas are not alike: the one sweet, that
subdues thirst by its excessive sweetness, pleasant to
drink; and the other salt, that burns by its saltness; yet
from each of them you eat fresh flesh and bring forth
ornaments which you wear; and you see the ships cleave
through it that you may seek of His bounty and that you may
13. He causes the night to enter in upon the day, and He
causes the day to enter in upon the night, and He has made
subservient (to you) the sun and the moon; each one follows
its course to an appointed time; this is Allah, your Lord,
His is the kingdom; and those whom you call upon besides Him
do not control a straw.
14. If you call on them they shall not hear your call, and
even if they could hear they shall not answer you; and on
the resurrection day they will deny your associating them
(with Allah); and none can inform you like the One Who is
15. O men! you are they who stand in need of Allah, and
Allah is He Who is the Self-sufficient, the Praised One.
16. If He please, He will take you off and bring a new
17. And this is not hard to Allah.
18. And a burdened soul cannot bear the burden of another
and if one weighed down by burden should cry for (another to
carry) its burden, not aught of it shall be carried, even
though he be near of kin. You warn only those who fear their
Lord in secret and keep up prayer; and whoever purifies
himself, he purifies himself only for (the good of) his own
soul; and to Allah is the eventual coming.
19. And the blind and the seeing are not alike
20. Nor the darkness and the light,
21. Nor the shade and the heat,
22. Neither are the living and the dead alike. Surely Allah
makes whom He pleases hear, and you cannot make those hear
who are m the graves.
23. You are naught but a warner.
24. Surely We have sent you with the truth as a bearer of
good news and a warner; and there is not a people but a
warner has gone among them.
25. And if they call you a liar, so did those before them
indeed call (their apostles) liars; their apostles had come
to them with clear arguments, and with scriptures, and with
the illuminating book.
26 Then did I punish those who disbelieved, so how was the
manifestation of My disapproval?
27. Do you not see that Allah sends down water from the
cloud, then We bring forth therewith fruits of various
colors; and in the mountains are streaks, white and red, of
various hues and (others) intensely black?
28. And of men and beasts and cattle are various species of
it likewise; those of His servants only who are possessed of
knowledge fear Allah; surely Allah is Mighty, Forgiving.
29. Surely they who recite the Book of Allah and keep up
prayer and spend out of what We have given them secretly and
openly, hope for a gain which will not perish.
30. That He may pay them back fully their rewards and give
them more out of His grace: surely He is Forgiving,
Multiplier of rewards.
31. And that which We have revealed to you of the Book, that
is the truth verifying that which is before it; most surely
with respect to His servants Allah is Aware, Seeing.
32. Then We gave the Book for an inheritance to those whom
We chose from among Our servants; but of them is he who
makes his soul to suffer a loss, and of them is he who takes
a middle course, and of them is he who is foremost in deeds
of goodness by Allah's permission; this is the great
33. Gardens of perpetuity, they shall enter therein; they
shad be made to wear therein bracelets of gold and pearls,
and their dress therein shall be silk.
34. And they shall say: (All) praise is due to Allah, Who
has made grief to depart from us; most surely our Lord is
Forgiving, Multiplier of rewards,
35. Who has made us alight in a house abiding for ever out
of . His grace; toil shall not touch us therein, nor shall
fatigue therein afflict us.
34. And (as for) those who disbelieve, for them is the fire
of hell; it shall not be finished with them entirely so that
they should die, nor shall the chastisement thereof be
lightened to them: even thus do We retribute every
37. And they shall cry therein for succour: O our Lord !
take us out, we will do good deeds other than those which we
used to do. Did We not preserve you alive long enough, so
that he who would be mindful in it should mind? And there
came to you the warner; therefore taste; because for the
unjust, there 1S no helper.
38. Surely Allah is the Knower of what is unseen m the
heavens and the earth; surely He is Cognizant of what IS m
39. He it is Who made you rulers in the land; therefore
whoever disbelieves, his unbelief is against himself; and
their unbelief does not increase the disbelievers with their
Lord in anything except hatred; and their unbelief does not
increase the disbelievers m anything except loss.
40. Say: Have you considered your associates which you call
upon besides Allah? Show me what part of the earth they have
created, or have they any share in the heavens; or, have We
given them a book so that they follow a clear argument
thereof? Nay, the unjust do not hold out promises one to
another but only to deceive.
41 Surely Allah upholds the heavens and the earth lest they
come to naught; and if they should come to naught, there Is
none who can uphold them after Him; surely He is the
Forbearing, the Forgiving.
42. And they swore by Allah with the strongest of their
oaths that if there came to them a warner they would be
better guided than any of the nations; but when there came
to them a warner it increased them in naught but aversion.
43. (In) behaving proudly in the land and in planning evil;
and the evil plans shall not beset any save the authors of
it. Then should they wait for aught except the way of the
former people? For you shall not find any alteration in the
course of Allah; and you shall not find any change in the
course of Allah.
44. Have they not travelled in the land and seen how was the
end of those before them while they were stronger than these
in power? And Allah is not such that any thing in the
heavens or in the earth should escape Him; surely He is
45. And were Allah to punish men for what they earn, He
would not leave on the back of it any creature, but He
respites them till an appointed term; so when their doom
shall come, then surely Allah is Seeing with respect to His