1. Ya Seen.
2. I swear by the Quran full of wisdom
3. Most surely you are one of the apostles
4. On a right way.
S. A revelation of the Mighty, the Merciful.
6. That you may warn a people whose fathers were not warned,
so they are heedless.
7. Certainly the word has proved true of most of them, so
they do not believe.
8. Surely We have placed chains on their necks, and these
reach up to their chins, so they have their heads raised
9. And We have made before them a barrier and a barrier
behind them, then We have covered them over so that they do
10. And it is alike to them whether you warn them or warn
them not: they do not believe.
11. You can only warn him who follows the reminder and fears
the Beneficent God in secret; so announce to him forgiveness
and an honorable reward.
12. Surely We give life to the dead, and We write down what
they have sent before and their footprints, and We have
recorded everything in a clear writing.
13. And set out to them an example of the people of the
town, when the messengers came to it.
14. When We sent to them two, they rejected both of them,
then We strengthened (them) with a third, so they said:
Surely we are messengers to you.
15. They said: You are naught but mortals like ourselves,
nor has the Beneficent God revealed anything; you only lie.
16. They said: Our Lord knows that we are most surely
messengers to you.
17. And nothing devolves on us but a clear deliverance (of
18. They said: Surely we augur evil from you; if you do not
desist, we will certainly stone you, and there shall
certainly afflict vou a painful chastisement from us.
19. They said: Your evil fortune is with you; what! if you
are reminded! Nay, you are an extravagant people.
20. And from the remote part of the city there came a man
running, he said: O my people! follow the messengers;
21. Follow him who does not ask you for reward, and they are
the followers of the right course;
22. And what reason have I that I should not serve Him Who
brought me into existence? And to Him you shall be brought
23. What! shall I take besides Him gods whose intercession,
If the Beneficent God should desire to afflict me with a
harm, shall not avail me aught, nor shall they be able to
24. In that case I shall most surely be in clear error:
25 Surely I believe in your Lord, therefore hear me.
26 It was said: Enter the garden. He said: O would that my
people had known
27. Of that on account of which my Lord has forgiven me and
made me of the honored ones!
28. And We did not send down upon his people after him any
hosts from heaven, nor do We ever send down.
29. It was naught but a single cry, and lo! they were still.
30. Alas for the servants! there comes not to them an
apostle but they mock at him.
31. Do they not consider how many of the generations have We
destroyed before them, because they do not turn to them?
32. And all of them shall surely be brought before Us.
33. And a sign to them is the dead earth: We give life to it
and bring forth from it grain SQ they eat of it.
34. And We make therein gardens of palms and grapevines and
We make springs to flow forth in it,
35. That they may eat of the fruit thereof, and their hands
did not make it; will they not then be grateful?
36. Glory be to Him Who created pairs of all things, of what
the earth grows, and of their kind and of what they do not
37. And a sign to them is the night: We draw forth from it
the day, then lo! they are in the dark;
38. And the sun runs on to a term appointed for it; that is
the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing.
39. And (as for) the moon, We have ordained for it stages
till it becomes again as an old dry palm branch.
40. Neither is it allowable to the sun that it should
overtake the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day; and
all float on in a sphere.
41. And a sign to them is that We bear their offspring in
the laden ship.
42. And We have created for them the like of it, what they
will ride on.
43. And if We please, We can drown them, then there shall be
no succorer for them, nor shall they be rescued
44. But (by) mercy from Us and for enjoyment till a time.
45. And when it is said to them: Guard against what is
before you and what is behind you, that mercy may be had on
46. And there comes not to them a communication of the
communications of their Lord but they turn aside from it.
47. And when it is said to them: Spend out of what Allah has
given you, those who disbelieve say to those who believe:
Shall we feed him whom, if Allah please, He could feed? You
are in naught but clear error.
48. And they say: When will this threat come to pass, if you
49. They wait not for aught but a single cry which will
overtake them while they yet contend with one another.
50. So they shall not be able to make a bequest, nor shall
they return to their families.
51 . And the trumpet shall be blown, when lo ! from their
graves they shall hasten on to their Lord.
52. They shall say: O woe to us! who has raised us up from
our sleeping-place? This is what the Beneficent God promised
and the apostles told the truth.
53. There would be naught but a single cry, when lo ! they
shall all be brought before Us;
54. So this day no soul shall be dealt with unjustly in the
least; and you shall not be rewarded aught but that which
55. Surely the dwellers of the garden shall on that day be
in an occupation quite happy.
56. They and their wives shall be in shades, reclining on
57. They shall have fruits therein, and they shall have
whatever they desire.
58. Peace: a word from a Merciful Lord.
59. And get aside today, O guilty ones!
60. Did I not charge you, O children of Adam ! that you
should not serve the Shaitan? Surely he is your open enemy,
61. And that you should serve Me; this is the right way.
62. And certainly he led astray numerous people from among
you. What! could you not then understand?
63. This is the hell with which you were threatened.
64. Enter into it this day because you disbelieved.
65. On that day We will set a seal upon their mouths, and
their hands shall speak to Us, and their feet shall bear
witness of what they earned.
66. And if We please We would certainly put out their eyes,
then they would run about groping for the way, but how
should they see?
67. And if We please We would surely transform them in their
place, then they would not be able to go on, nor will they
68. And whomsoever We cause to live long, We reduce (him) to
an abject state in constitution; do they not then
69. And We have not taught him poetry, nor is it meet for
him; it is nothing but a reminder and a plain Quran,
70. That it may warn him who would have life, and (that) the
word may prove true against the unbelievers.
71. Do they not see that We have created cattle for them,
out of what Our hands have wrought, so they are their
72. And We have subjected them to them, so some of them they
have to ride upon, and some of them they eat.
73. And therein they have advantages and drinks; will they
not then be grateful?
74. And they have taken gods besides Allah that they may be
75. (But) they shall not be able to assist them, and they
shall be a host brought up before them.
76. Therefore let not their speech grieve you; surely We
know what they do in secret and what they do openly.
77. Does not man see that We have created him from the small
seed? Then lo! he is an open disputant.
78. And he strikes out a likeness for Us and forgets his own
creation. Says he: Who will give life to the bones when they
79. Say: He will give life to them Who brought them into
existence at first, and He is cognizant of all creation
80. He Who has made for you the fire (to burn) from the
green tree, so that with it you kindle (fire).
81. Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth able to
create the like of them? Yea! and He is the Creator (of
all), the Knower.
82. His command, when He intends anything, is only to say to
it: Be, so it is.
83. Therefore glory be to Him in Whose hand is the kingdom
of all things, and to Him you shall be brought back.