1. Suad, I swear by the Quran, full of admonition.
2. Nay! those who disbelieve are in self-exaltation and
3. How many did We destroy before them of the generations,
then they cried while the time of escaping had passed away.
4. And they wonder that there has come to them a warner from
among themselves, and the disbelievers say: This IS an
enchanter, a liar.
5. What! makes he the gods a single God? A strange thing is
this, to be sure!
6. And the chief persons of them break forth, saying: Go and
steadily adhere to your gods; this is most surely a thing
7. We never heard of this in the former faith; this is
nothing but a forgery:
8. Has the reminder been revealed to him from among us? Nay!
they are in doubt as to My reminder. Nay! they have not yet
tasted My chastisement!
9. Or is it that they have the treasures of the mercy of
your Lord, the Mighty, the great Giver?
10. Or is it that theirs is the kingdom of the heavens and
the earth and what is between them? Then let them ascend by
11. A host of deserters of the allies shall be here put to
12. The people of Nuh and Ad, and Firon, the lord of spikes,
rejected (apostles) before them.
13. And Samood and the people of Lut and the dwellers of the
thicket; these were the parties.
14. There was none of them but called the apostles liars, so
just was My retribution.
15. Nor do these await aught but a single cry, there being
no delay in it.
16. And they say: O our Lord! hasten on to us our portion
before the day of reckoning.
17. Bear patiently what they say, and remember Our servant
Dawood, the possessor of power; surely he was frequent m
returning (to Allah).
18. Surely We made the mountains to sing the glory (of
Allah) in unison with him at the evening and the sunrise,
19. And the birds gathered together; all joined in singing
20. And We strengthened his kingdom and We gave him wisdom
and a clear judgment.
21 . And has there come to you the story of the litigants,
when they made an entry into the private chamber by
ascending over the walls?
22. When they entered in upon Dawood and he was frightened
at them, they said: Fear not; two litigants, of whom one has
acted wrongfully towards the other, therefore decide between
us with justice, and do not act unjustly, and guide us to
the right way.
23. Surely this is my brother; he has ninety-nine ewes and I
have a single ewe; but he said: Make it over to me, and he
has prevailed against me in discourse.
24. He said: Surely he has been unjust to you in demanding
your ewe (to add) to his own ewes; and most surely most of
the partners act wrongfully towards one another, save those
who believe and do good, and very few are they; and Dawood
was sure that We had tried him, so he sought the protection
of his Lord and he fell down bowing and turned time after
time (to Him).
25. Therefore We rectified for him this, and most surely he
had a nearness to Us and an excellent resort.
26. o Dawood ! surely We have made you a ruler in the land;
so judge between men with justice and do not follow desire,
lest it should lead you astray from the path of Allah; (as
for) those who go astray from the path of Allah, they shall
surely have a severe punishment because they forgot the day
27. And We did not create the heaven and the earth and what
is between them in vain; that is the opinion of those who
disbelieve then woe to those who disbelieve on account of
28. Shall We treat those who believe and do good like the
mischief-makers in the earth? Or shall We make those who
guard (against evil) like the wicked?
29. (It is) a Book We have revealed to you abounding in good
that they may ponder over its verses, and that those endowed
with understanding may be mindful.
30. And We gave to Dawood Sulaiman, most excellent the
servant! Surely he was frequent in returning (to Allah).
31. When there were brought to him in the evening (horses)
still when standing, swift when running--
32. Then he said: Surely I preferred the good things to the
remembrance of my Lord-- until the sun set and time for Asr
prayer was over, (he said):
33. Bring them back to me; so he began to slash (their) legs
34. And certainly We tried Sulaiman, and We put on his
throne a (mere) body, so he turned (to Allah).
35. He said: My Lord! do Thou forgive me and grant me a
kingdom which is not fit for (being inherited by) anyone
36. Then We made the wind subservient to him; it made his
command to run gently wherever he desired,
37. And the shaitans, every builder and diver,
38. And others fettered in chains.
39. This is Our free gift, therefore give freely or
withhold, without reckoning.
40. And most surely he had a nearness to Us and an excellent
41. And remember Our servant Ayyub, when he called upon his
Lord: The Shaitan has afflicted me with toil and torment.
42. Urge with your foot; here is a cool washing-place and a
43. And We gave him his family and the like of them with
them, as a mercy from Us, and as a reminder to those
possessed of understanding.
44. And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with
It and do not break your oath; surely We found him patient;
most excellent the servant! Surely he was frequent m
returning (to Allah).
45. And remember Our servants Ibrahim and Ishaq and Yaqoub,
men of power and insight.
46. Surely We purified them by a pure quality, the keeping m
mind of the (final) abode.
47 And most surely they were with Us, of the elect, the
48 And remember Ismail and Al-Yasha and Zulkifl; and they
were all of the best.
49. This is a reminder; and most surely there is an
excellent resort for those who guard (against evil),
50. The gardens of perpetuity, the doors are opened for
51 . Reclining therein, calling therein for many fruits and
52. And with them shall be those restraining their eyes,
equals in age.
53. This is what you are promised for the day of reckoning.
54. Most surely this is Our sustenance; it shall never come
to an end;
55. This (shall be so); and most surely there is an evil
resort for the inordinate ones;
56. Hell; they shall enter it, so evil is the resting-place.
57. This (shall be so); so let them taste it, boiling and
intensely cold (drink).
58. And other (punishment) of the same kind-- of various
59. This is an army plunging in without consideration along
with you; no welcome for them, surely they shall enter fire.
60. They shall say: Nay! you-- no welcome to you: you did
proffer it to us, so evil is the resting-place.
61. They shall say: Our Lord! whoever prepared it first for
us, add Thou to him a double chastisement in the fire.
62. And they shall say: What is the matter with us that we
do not see men whom we used to count among the vicious?
63. Was it that we (only) took them in scorn, or have our
eyes (now) turned aside from them?
64. That most surely is the truth: the contending one with
another of the inmates of the fire.
65. Say: I am only a warner, and there is no god but Allah,
the One, the Subduer (of all):
66. The Lord of the heavens and the earth and what is
between them, the Mighty, the most Forgiving.
67. Say: It is a message of importance,
68. (And) you are turning aside from it:
69. 1 had no knowledge of the exalted chiefs when they
70. Naught is revealed to me save that I am a plain warner.
71. When your Lord said to the angels; Surely I am going to
create a mortal from dust:
72. So when I have made him complete and breathed into him
of My spirit, then fall down making obeisance to him.
73. And the angels did obeisance, all of them,
74. But not Iblis: he was proud and he was one of the
75. He said: O Iblis! what prevented you that you should do
obeisance to him whom I created with My two hands? Are you
proud or are you of the exalted ones?
76. He said: I am better than he; Thou hast created me of
fire, and him Thou didst create of dust.
77. He said: Then get out of it, for surely you are driven
78. And surely My curse is on you to the day of judgment.
79. He said: My Lord! then respite me to the day that they
80. He said: Surely you are of the respited ones,
81. Till the period of the time made known.
82. He said: Then by Thy Might I will surely make them live
an evil life, all,
83. Except Thy servants from among them, the purified ones.
84. He said: The truth then is and the truth do I speak:
85. That I will most certainly fill hell with you and with
those among them who follow you, all.
86. Say: I do not ask you for any reward for it; nor am I of
those who affect:
87. It is nothing but a reminder to the nations;
88. And most certainly you will come to know about it after