1. Ha Mim!
2. A revelation from the Beneficent, the Merciful God:
3. A Book of which the verses are made plain, an Arabic
Quran for a people who know:
4. A herald of good news and a warner, but most of them turn
aside so they hear not.
5. And they say: Our hearts are under coverings from that to
which you call us, and there is a heaviness in our ears, and
a veil hangs between us and you, so work, we too are
6. Say: I am only a mortal like you; it is revealed to me
that your God is one God, therefore follow the right way to
Him and ask His forgiveness; and woe to the polytheists;
7. (To) those who do not give poor-rate and they are
unbelievers in the hereafter.
8. (As for) those who believe and do good, they shall surely
have a reward never to be cut off.
9. Say: What! do you indeed disbelieve in Him Who created
the earth in two periods, and do you set up equals with Him?
That is the Lord of the Worlds.
10. And He made in it mountains above its surface, and He
blessed therein and made therein its foods, in four periods:
alike for the seekers.
11. Then He directed Himself to the heaven and it is a
vapor, so He said to it and to the earth: Come both,
willingly or unwillingly. They both said: We come willingly.
12. So He ordained them seven heavens in two periods, and
revealed in every heaven its affair; and We adorned the
lower heaven with brilliant stars and (made it) to guard;
that is the decree of the Mighty, the Knowing.
13. But if they turn aside, then say: I have warned you of a
scourge like the scourge of Ad and Samood.
14. When their apostles came to them from before them and
from behind them, saying, Serve nothing but Allah, they
said: If our Lord had pleased He would certainly have sent
down angels, so we are surely unbelievers in that with which
you are sent.
15. Then as to Ad, they were unjustly proud in the land, and
they said: Who is mightier in strength than we? Did they not
see that Allah Who created them was mightier than they in
strength, and they denied Our communications?
16. So We sent on them a furious wind in unlucky days, that
We may make them taste the chastisement of abasement in this
world's life; and certainly the chastisement of the
hereafter is much more abasing, and they shall not be
17. And as to Samood, We showed them the right way, but they
chose error above guidance, so there overtook them the
scourge of an abasing chastisement for what they earned.
18. And We delivered those who believed and guarded (against
19. And on the day that the enemies of Allah shall be
brought together to the fire, then they shall be formed into
20. Until when they come to it, their ears and their eyes
and their skins shall bear witness against them as to what
21. And they shall say to their skins: Why have you borne
witness against us? They shall say: Allah Who makes
everything speak has made us speak, and He created you at
first, and to Him you shall be brought back.
22. And you did not veil yourselves lest your ears and your
eyes and your skins should bear witness against you, but you
thought that Allah did not know most of what you did.
23. And that was your (evil) thought which you entertained
about your Lord that has tumbled you down into perdition, so
are you become of the lost ones.
24. Then if they will endure, still the fire is their abode,
and if they ask for goodwill, then are they not of those who
shall be granted goodwill.
25. And We have appointed for them comrades so they have
made fair-seeming to them what is before them and what is
behind them, and the word proved true against them-- among the
nations of the jinn and the men that have passed away before
them-- that they shall surely be losers.
26. And those who disbelieve say: Do not listen to this
Quran and make noise therein, perhaps you may overcome.
27. Therefore We will most certainly make those who
disbelieve taste a severe punishment, and We will most
certainly reward them for the evil deeds they used to do.
28. That is the reward of the enemies of Allah-- the fire; for
them therein shall be the house of long abiding; a reward
for their denying Our communications.
29. And those who disbelieve will say: Our Lord! show us
those who led us astray from among the jinn and the men that
we may trample them under our feet so that they may be of
30. (As for) those who say: Our Lord is Allah, then continue
in the right way, the angels descend upon them, saying: Fear
not, nor be grieved, and receive good news of the garden
which you were promised.
31. We are your guardians in this world's life and in the
hereafter, and you shall have therein what your souls desire
and you shall have therein what you ask for:
32. A provision from the Forgiving, the Merciful.
33. And who speaks better than he who calls to Allah while
he himself does good, and says: I am surely of those who
34. And not alike are the good and the evil. Repel (evil)
with what is best, when lo! he between whom and you was
enmity would be as if he were a warm friend.
35. And none are made to receive it but those who are
patient, and none are made to receive it but those who have
a mighty good fortune.
36. And if an interference of the Shaitan should cause you
mischief, seek refuge in Allah; surely He is the Hearing,
37. And among His signs are the night and the day and the
sun and the moon; do not make obeisance to the sun nor to
the moon; and make obeisance to Allah Who created them, if
Him it is that you serve.
38. But if they are proud, yet those with your Lord glorify
Him during the night and the day, and they are not tired.
39. And among His signs is this, that you see the earth
still, but when We send down on it the water, it stirs and
swells: most surely He Who gives it life is the Giver of
life to the dead; surely He has power over all things.
40. Surely they who deviate from the right way concerning
Our communications are not hidden from Us. What! is he then
who is cast into the fire better, or he who comes safe on
the day of resurrection? Do what you like, surely He sees
what you do.
41. Surely those who disbelieve in the reminder when it
comes to them, and most surely it is a Mighty Book:
42. Falsehood shall not come to it from before it nor from
behind it; a revelation from the Wise, the Praised One.
43. Naught is said to you but what was said indeed to the
apostles before you; surely your Lord is the Lord of
forgiveness and the Lord of painful retribution.
44. And if We had made it a Quran in a foreign tongue, they
would certainly have said: Why have not its communications
been made clear? What! a foreign (tongue) and an Arabian!
Say: It is to those who believe a guidance and a healing;
and (as for) those who do not believe, there is a heaviness
in their ears and it is obscure to them; these shall be
called to from a far-off place.
45. And certainly We gave the Book to Musa, but it has been
differed about, and had not a word already gone forth from
your Lord, judgment would certainly have been given between
them; and most surely they are in a disquieting doubt about
46. Whoever does good, it is for his own soul, and whoever
does evil, it is against it; and your Lord is not in the
least unjust to the servants.
47. To Him is referred the knowledge of the hour, and there
come not forth any of the fruits from their coverings, nor
does a female bear, nor does she give birth, but with His
knowledge; and on the day when He shall call out to them,
Where are (those whom you called) My associates? They shall
say: We declare to Thee, none of us is a witness.
48. And away from them shall go what they called upon
before, and they shall know for certain that there is no
escape for them.
49. Man is never tired of praying for good, and if evil
touch him, then he is despairing, hopeless.
50. And if We make him taste mercy from Us after distress
that has touched him, he would most certainly say: This is
of me, and I do not think the hour will come to pass, and if
I am sent back to my Lord, I shall have with Him sure good;
but We will most certainly inform those who disbelieved of
what they did, and We will most certainly make them taste of
51. And when We show favor to man, he turns aside and
withdraws himself; and when evil touches him, he makes
52. Say: Tell me if it is from Allah; then you disbelieve in
it, who is in greater error than he who is in a prolonged
53. We will soon show them Our signs in the Universe and in
their own souls, until it will become quite clear to them
that it is the truth. Is it not sufficient as regards your
Lord that He is a witness over all things?
54. Now surely they are in doubt as to the meeting of their
Lord; now surely He encompasses all things.