1. Ha Mim.
2. Ain Sin Qaf.
3. Thus does Allah, the Mighty, the Wise, reveal to you, and
(thus He revealed) to those before you.
4. His is what is in the heavens and what is in the earth,
and He is the High, the Great.
5. The heavens may almost rend asunder from above them and
the angels sing the praise of their Lord and ask forgiveness
for those on earth; now surely Allah is the Forgiving, the
6. And (as for) those who take guardians besides Him, Allah
watches over them, and you have not charge over them.
7. And thus have We revealed to you an Arabic Quran, that
you may warn the mother city and those around it, and that
you may give warning of the day of gathering together
wherein is no doubt; a party shall be in the garden and
(another) party in the burning fire.
8. And if Allah had pleased He would surely have made them a
single community, but He makes whom He pleases enter into
His mercy, and the unjust it is that shall have no guardian
9. Or have they taken guardians besides Him? But Allah is
the Guardian, and He gives life to the dead, and He has
power over all things.
10. And in whatever thing you disagree, the judgment thereof
is (in) Allah's (hand); that is Allah, my Lord, on Him do I
rely and to Him do I turn time after time.
11. The Originator of the heavens and the earth; He made
mates for you from among yourselves, and mates of the cattle
too, multiplying you thereby; nothing like a likeness of
Him; and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.
12. His are the treasures of the heavens and the earth; He
makes ample and straitens the means of subsistence for whom
He pleases; surely He is Cognizant of all things.
13. He has made plain to you of the religion what He
enjoined upon Nuh and that which We have revealed to you and
that which We enjoined upon Ibrahim and Musa and Isa that
keep to obedience and be not divided therein; hard to the
unbelievers is that which you call them to; Allah chooses
for Himself whom He pleases, and guides to Himself him who
turns (to Him), frequently.
14. And they did not become divided until after knowledge
had come to them out of envy among themselves; and had not a
word gone forth from your Lord till an appointed term,
certainly judgment would have been given between them; and
those who were made to inherit the Book after them are most
surely in disquieting doubt concerning it.
15. To this then go on inviting, and go on steadfastly on
the right way as you are commanded, and do not follow their
low desires, and say: I believe in what Allah has revealed
of the Book, and I am commanded to do justice between you:
Allah is our Lord and your Lord; we shall have our deeds and
you shall have your deeds; no plea need there be (now)
between us and you: Allah will gather us together, and to
Him is the return.
16. And (as for) those who dispute about Allah after that
obedience has been rendered to Him, their plea is null with
their Lord, and upon them is wrath, and for them is severe
17. Allah it is Who revealed the Book with truth, and the
balance, and what shall make you know that haply the hour be
18. Those who do not believe in it would hasten it on, and
those who believe are in fear from it, and they know that it
is the truth. Now most surely those who dispute obstinately
concerning the hour are in a great error.
19. Allah is Benignant to His servants; He gives sustenance
to whom He pleases, and He is the Strong, the Mighty.
20. Whoever desires the gain of the hereafter, We will give
him more of that again; and whoever desires-- the gain of this
world, We give him of it, and in the hereafter he has no
21. Or have they associates who have prescribed for them any
religion that Allah does not sanction? And were it not for
the word of judgment, decision would have certainly been
given between them; and surely the unjust shall have a
painful punish ^ment.
22. You will see the unjust fearing on account of what they
have earned, and it must befall them; and those who believe
and do good shall be in the meadows of the gardens; they
shall have what they please with their Lord: that is the
23. That is of which Allah gives the good news to His
servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I
do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near
relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good
therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.
24. Or do they say: He has forged a lie against Allah? But
if Allah pleased, He would seal your heart; and Allah will
blot out the falsehood and confirm the truth with His words;
surely He is Cognizant of what is in the breasts.
25. And He it is Who accepts repentance from His servants
and pardons the evil deeds and He knows what you do;
26. And He answers those who believe and do good deeds, and
gives them more out of His grace; and (as for) the
unbelievers, they shall have a severe punishment.
27. And if Allah should amplify the provision for His
servants they would certainly revolt in the earth; but He
sends it down according to a measure as He pleases; surely
He is Aware of, Seeing, His servants.
28. And He it is Who sends down the rain after they have
despaired, and He unfolds His mercy; and He is the Guardian,
the Praised One.
29. And one of His signs is the creation of the heavens and
the earth and what He has spread forth in both of them of
living beings; and when He pleases He is all-powerful to
gather them together.
30. And whatever affliction befalls you, it is on account of
what your hands have wrought, and (yet) He pardons most (of
31. And you cannot escape in the earth, and you shall not
have a guardian or a helper besides Allah.
32. And among His signs are the ships in the sea like
33. If He pleases, He causes the wind to become still so
that they lie motionless on its back; most surely there are
signs in this for every patient, grateful one,
34. Or He may make them founder for what they have earned,
and (even then) pardon most;
35. And (that) those who dispute about Our communications
may know; there is no place of refuge for them.
36. So whatever thing you are given, that is only a
provision of this world's life, and what is with Allah is
better and more lasting for those who believe and rely on
37. And those who. shun the great sins and indecencies, and
whenever they are angry they forgive.
38. And those who respond to their Lord and keep up prayer,
and their rule is to take counsel among themselves, and who
spend out of what We have given them.
39. And those who, when great wrong afflicts them, defend
40. And the recompense of evil is punishment like it, but
whoever forgives and amends, he shall have his reward from
Allah; surely He does not love the unjust.
41. And whoever defends himself after his being oppressed,
these it is against whom there is no way (to blame).
42. The way (to blame) is only against those who oppress men
and revolt in the earth unjustly; these shall have a painful
43. And whoever is patient and forgiving, these most surely
are actions due to courage.
44. And whomsoever Allah makes err, he has no guardian after
Him; and you shall see the unjust, when they see the
punishment, saying: Is there any way to return?
45. And you shall see them brought before it humbling
themselves because of the abasements, looking with a faint
glance. And those who believe shall say: Surely the losers
are they who have lost themselves and their followers on the
resurrection day. Now surely the iniquitous shall remain in
46. And they shall have no friends to help them besides
Allah; and-- whomsoever Allah makes err, he shall have no way.
47. Hearken to your Lord before there comes the day from
Allah for which there shall be no averting; you shall have
no refuge on that day, nor shall it be yours to make a
48. But if they turn aside, We have not sent you as a
watcher over them; on you is only to deliver (the message);
and surely when We make man taste mercy from Us, he rejoices
thereat; and if an evil afflicts them on account of what
their hands have already done, then-surely man is
49. Allah's is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth; He
creates what He pleases; He grants to whom He pleases
daughters and grants to whom He pleases sons.
5O Or He makes them of both sorts, male and female; and He
makes whom He pleases barren; surely He is the Knowing, the
51. And it is not for any mortal that Allah should speak to
them, they could not bear to hear and they did not see.
52. And thus did We reveal to you an inspired book by Our
command. You did not know what the Book was, nor (what) the
faith (was), but We made it a light, guiding thereby whom We
please of Our servants; and most surely you show the way to
the right path:
53. The path of Allah, Whose is whatsoever is in the heavens
and whatsoever is in the earth; now surely to Allah do all
affairs eventually come.