1. Ha Mim.
2. The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Mighty, the
3. We did not create the heavens and the earth and what is
between them two save with truth and (for) an appointed
term; and those who disbelieve turn aside from what they are
4. Say: Have you considered what you call upon besides
Allah? Show me what they have created of the earth, or have
they a share in the heavens? Bring me a book before this or
traces of knowledge, if you are truthful.
5. And who is in greater error than he who calls besides
Allah upon those that will not answer him till the day of
resurrection and they are heedless of their call?
6. And when men are gathered together they shall be their
enemies, and shall be deniers of their worshipping (them).
7. And when Our clear communications are recited to them,
those who disbelieve say with regard to the truth when it
comes to them: This is clear magic.
8. Nay! they say: He has forged it. Say: If I have forged
it, you do not control anything for me from Allah; He knows
best what you utter concerning it; He is enough as a witness
between me and you, and He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
9. Say: I am not the first of the apostles, and I do not
know what will be done with me or with you: I do not follow
anything but that which is revealed to me, and I am nothing
but a plain warner.
10. Say: Have you considered if it is from Allah, and you
disbelieve in it, and a witness from among the children of
Israel has borne witness of one like it, so he believed,
while you are big with pride; surely Allah does not guide
the unjust people.
11. And those who disbelieve say concerning those who
believe: If it had been a good, they would not have gone
ahead of us therein. And as they do not seek to be rightly
directed thereby, they say: It is an old lie.
12. And before it the Book of Musa was a guide and a mercy:
and this is a Book verifying (it) in the Arabic language
that it may warn those who are unjust and as good news for
the doers of good.
13. Surely those who say, Our Lord is Allah, then they
continue on the right way, they shall have no fear nor shall
14. These are the dwellers of the garden, abiding therein: a
reward for what they did.
15. And We have enjoined on man doing of good to his
parents; with trouble did his mother bear him and with
trouble did she bring him forth; and the bearing of him and
the weaning of him was thirty months; until when he attains
his maturity and reaches forty years, he says: My Lord!
grant me that I may give thanks for Thy favor which Thou
hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do
good which pleases Thee and do good to me in respect of my
offspring; surely I turn to Thee, and surely I am of those
16. These are they from whom We accept the best of what they
have done and pass over their evil deeds, among the dwellers
of the garden; the promise of truth which they were
17. And he who says to his parents: Fie on you! do you
threaten me that I shall be brought forth when generations
have already passed away before me? And they both call for
Allah's aid: Woe to you! believe, surely the promise of
Allah is true. But he says: This is nothing but stories of
18. These are they against whom the word has proved true
among nations of the jinn and the men that have already
passed away before them; surely they are losers.
19. And for all are degrees according to what they did, and
that He may pay them back fully their deeds and they shall
not be wronged.
20. And on the day when those who disbelieve shall be
brought before the fire: You did away with your good things
in your life of the world and you enjoyed them for a while,
so today you shall be rewarded with the punishment of
abasement because you were unjustly proud in the land and
because you transgressed.
21. And mention the brother of Ad; when he warned his people
in the sandy plains,-- and indeed warners came before him and
after him-- saying Serve none but Allah; surely I fear for you
the punishment of a grievous day.
22. They said: Have you come to us to turn us away from our
gods; then bring us what you threaten us with, if you are of
the truthful ones.
23. He said: The knowledge is only with Allah, and I deliver
to you the message with which I am sent, but I see you are a
people who are ignorant.
24. So when they saw it as a cloud appearing in the sky
advancing towards their valleys, they said: This is a cloud
which will give us rain. Nay! it is what you sought to
hasten on, a blast of wind in which is a painful punishment,
25. Destroying everything by the command of its Lord, so
they became such that naught could be seen except their
dwellings. Thus do We reward the guilty people.
26. And certainly We had established them in what We have
not established you in, and We had given-- them ears and eyes
and hearts, but neither their ears, nor their eyes, nor
their hearts availed them aught, since they denied the
communications of Allah, and that which they mocked
27. And certainly We destroyed the towns which are around
you, and We repeat the communications that they might turn.
28. Why did not then those help them whom they took for gods
besides Allah to draw (them) nigh (to Him)? Nay! they were
lost to them; and this was their lie and what they forged.
29. And when We turned towards you a party of the jinn who
listened to the Quran; so when they came to it, they said:
Be silent; then when it was finished, they turned back to
their people warning (them).
30. They said: O our people! we have listened to a Book
revealed after Musa verifying that which is before it,
guiding to the truth and to a right path:
31. O our people! accept the Divine caller and believe in
Him, He will forgive you of your faults and protect you from
a painful punishment.
32. And whoever does not accept the-Divine caller, he shall
not escape in the earth and he shall not have guardians
besides Him, these are in manifest error.
33. Have they not considered that Allah, Who created the
heavens and the earth and was not tired by their creation,
is able to give life to the dead? Aye! He has surely power
over all things.
34. And on the day when those who disbelieve shall be
brought before the fire: Is it not true? They shall say:
Aye! by our Lord! He will say: Then taste the punishment,
because you disbelieved.
35. Therefore bear up patiently as did the apostles endowed
with constancy bear up with patience and do not seek to
hasten for them (their doom). On the day that they shall see
what they are promised they shall be as if they had not
tarried save an hour of the day. A sufficient exposition!
Shall then any be destroyed save the transgressing people?