1. Qaf. I swear by the glorious Quran (that Muhammad is the
Apostle of Allah.)
2. Nay! they wonder that there has come to them a warner
from among themselves, so the unbelievers say: This is a
3. What! when we are dead and have become dust? That is afar
(from probable) return.
4. We know indeed what the earth diminishes of them, and
with Us is a writing that preserves.
5. Nay, they rejected the truth when it came to them, so
they are (now) in a state of confusion.
6. Do they not then look up to heaven above them how We have
made it and adorned it and it has no gaps?
7. And the earth, We have made it plain and cast in it
mountains and We have made to grow therein of all beautiful
8. To give sight and as a reminder to every servant who
turns frequently (to Allah).
9. And We send down from the cloud water abounding in good,
then We cause to grow thereby gardens and the grain that is
10. And the tall palm-trees having spadices closely set one
11. A sustenance for the servants, and We give life thereby
to a dead land; thus is the rising.
12. (Others) before them rejected (prophets): the people of
Nuh and the dwellers of Ar-Rass and Samood,
13. And Ad and Firon and Lut's brethren,
14. And the dwellers of the grove and the people of Tuba;
all rejected the apostles, so My threat came to pass.
15. Were We then fatigued with the first creation? Yet are
they in doubt with regard to a new creation.
16. And certainly We created man, and We know what his mind
suggests to him, and We are nearer to him than his
17. When the two receivers receive, sitting on the right and
on the left.
18. He utters not a word but there is by him a watcher at
19. And the stupor of death will come in truth; that is what
you were trying to escape.
20. And the trumpet shall be blown; that is the day of the
21. And every soul shall come, with it a driver and a
22. Certainly you were heedless of it, but now We have
removed from you your veil, so your sight today is sharp.
23. And his companions shall say: This is what is ready with
24. Do cast into hell every ungrateful, rebellious one,
25. Forbidder of good, exceeder of limits, doubter,
26. Who sets up another god with Allah, so do cast him into
27. His companion will say: Our Lord! I did not lead him
into inordinacy but he himself was in a great error.
28. He will say: Do not quarrel in My presence, and indeed I
gave you the threatening beforehand:
29. My word shall not be changed, nor am I in the least
unjust to the servants.
30. On the day that We will say to hell: Are you filled up?
And it will say: Are there any more?
31. And the garden shall be brought near to those who guard
(against evil), not far off:
32. This is what you were promised, (it is) for every one
who turns frequently (to Allah), keeps (His limits);
33. Who fears the Beneficent God in secret and comes with a
34. Enter it in peace, that is the day of abiding.
35. They have therein what they wish and with Us is more
36. And how many a generation did We destroy before them who
were mightier in prowess than they, so they went about and
about in the lands. Is there a place of refuge?
37. Most surely there is a reminder in this for him who has
a heart or he gives ear and is a witness.
38. And certainly We created the heavens and the earth and
what is between them in six periods and there touched Us not
39. Therefore be patient of what they say, and sing the
praise of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before
40. And glorify Him in the night and after the prayers.
41. And listen on the day when the crier shall cry from a
42. The day when they shall hear the cry in truth; that is
the day of coming forth.
43. Surely We give life and cause to die, and to Us is the
44. The day on which the earth shall cleave asunder under
them, they will make haste; that is a gathering together
easy to Us.
45. We know best what they say, and you are not one to
compel them; therefore remind him by means of the Quran who
fears My threat.