1. Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth
declares the glory of Allah, and He is the Mighty, the Wise.
2. He it is Who caused those who disbelieved of the
followers of the Book to go forth from their homes at the
first banishment you did not think that they would go forth,
while they were certain that their fortresses would defend
them against Allah; but Allah came to them whence they did
not expect, and cast terror into their hearts; they
demolished their houses with their own hands and the hands
of the believers; therefore take a lesson, O you who have
3. And had it not been that Allah had decreed for them the
exile, He would certainly have punished them in this world,
and m the hereafter they shall have chastisement of the
4. That is because they acted in opposition to Allah and His
Apostle, and whoever acts in opposition to Allah, then
surely Allah is severe in retributing (evil).
5. Whatever palm-tree you cut down or leave standing upon
its roots, It 15 by Allah's command, and that He may abase
6. And whatever Allah restored to His Apostle from them you
did not press forward against it any horse or a riding camel
but Allah gives authority to His apostles against whom He
pleases, and Allah has power over all things.
7. Whatever Allah has restored to His Apostle from the
people of the towns, it is for Allah and for the Apostle,
and for the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and
the wayfarer, so that it may not be a thing taken by turns
among the rich of you, and whatever the Apostle gives you,
accept it, and from whatever he forbids you, keep back, and
be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is severe
in retributing (evil):
8. (It is) for the poor who fled their homes and their
possessions, seeking grace of Allah and (His) pleasure, and
assisting Allah and His Apostle: these it is that are the
9. And those who made their abode in the city and in the
faith before them love those who have fled to them, and do
not find in their hearts a need of what they are given, and
prefer (them) before themselves though poverty may afflict
them, and whoever is preserved from the niggardliness of his
soul, these it is that are the successful ones.
10. And those who come after them say: Our Lord! forgive us
and those of our brethren who had precedence of us in faith,
and do not allow any spite to remain in our hearts towards
those who believe, our Lord! surely Thou art Kind, Merciful.
11. Have you not seen those who have become hypocrites? They
say to those of their brethren who disbelieve from among the
followers of the Book: If you are driven forth, we shall
certainly go forth with you, and we will never obey any one
concerning you, and if you are fought against, we will
certainly help you, and Allah bears witness that they are
most surely liars.
12. Certainly if these are driven forth, they will not go
forth with them, and if they are fought against, they will
not help them, and even if they help-them, they will
certainly turn (their) backs, then they shall not be helped.
13. You are certainly greater in being feared in their
hearts than Allah; that is because they are a people who do
14. They will not fight against you in a body save in
fortified towns or from behind walls; their fighting between
them is severe, you may think them as one body, and their
hearts are disunited; that is because they are a people who
have no sense.
15. Like those before them shortly; they tasted the evil
result of their affair, and they shall have a painful
16. Like the Shaitan when he says to man: Disbelieve, but
when he disbelieves, he says: I am surely clear of you;
surely I fear Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
17. Therefore the end of both of them is that they are both
in the fire to abide therein, and that is the reward of the
18. O you who believe! be careful of (your duty to) Allah,
and let every soul consider what it has sent on for the
morrow, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah
is Aware of what you do.
19. And be not like those who forsook Allah, so He made them
forsake their own souls: these it is that are the
20. Not alike are the inmates of the fire and the dwellers
of the garden: the dwellers of the garden are they that are
21. Had We sent down this Quran on a mountain, you would
certainly have seen it falling down, splitting asunder
because of the fear of Allah, and We set forth these
parables to men that they may reflect.
22. He is Allah besides Whom there is no god; the Knower of
the unseen and the seen; He is the Beneficent, the Merciful
23. He is Allah, besides Whom there is no god; the King, the
Holy, the Giver of peace, the Granter of security, Guardian
over all, the Mighty, the Supreme, the Possessor of every
greatness Glory be to Allah from what they set up (with
24. He is Allah the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner; His
are the most excellent names; whatever is in the heavens and
the earth declares His glory; and He is the Mighty, the