1. Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth
declares the glory of Allah; to Him belongs the kingdom, and
to Him is due (all) praise, and He has power over all
2. He it is Who created you, but one of you is an unbeliever
and another of you is a believer; and Allah sees what you
3. He created the heavens and the earth with truth, and He
formed you, then made goodly your forms, and to Him is the
4. He knows what is in the heavens and the earth, and He
knows what you hide and what you manifest;and Allah is
Cognizant of what is in the hearts.
S. Has there not come to you the story of those who
disbelieved before, then tasted the evil result of their
conduct, and they had a painful punishment?
6. That is because there came to them their apostles with
clear arguments, but they said: Shall mortals guide us? So
they disbelieved and turned back, and Allah does not stand
in need (of anything), and Allah is Self-sufficient,
7. Those who disbelieve think that they shall never be
raised. Say: Aye! by my Lord! you shall most certainly be
raised, then you shall most certainly be informed of what
you did; and that is easy to Allah.
8. Therefore believe in Allah and His Apostle and the Light
which We have revealed; and Allah is Aware of what you do.
9. On the day that He will gather you for the day of
gathering, that is the day of loss and gain; and whoever
believes in Allah and does good, He will remove from him his
evil and cause him to enter gardens beneath which rivers
flow, to abide therein forever; that is the great
10. And (as for) those who disbelieve and reject Our
communications, they are the inmates of the fire, to abide
therein and evil is the resort.
11. No affliction comes about but by Allah's permission; and
whoever believes in Allah, He guides aright his heart; and
Allah is Cognizant of all things.
12. And obey Allah and obey the Apostle, but if you turn
back, then upon Our Apostle devolves only the clear delivery
(of the message).
13. Allah, there is no god but He; and upon Allah, then, let
the believers rely.
14. O you who believe! surely from among your wives and your
children there is an enemy to you; therefore beware of them;
and if you pardon and forbear and forgive, then surely Allah
is Forgiving, Merciful.
15. Your possessions and your children are only a trial, and
Allah it is with Whom is a great reward.
16. Therefore be careful of (your duty to) Allah as much as
you can, and hear and obey and spend, it is better for your
souls; and whoever is saved from the greediness of his soul,
these it is that are the successful.
17. If you set apart for Allah a goodly portion, He will
double it for you and forgive you; and Allah is the
Multiplier (of rewards), Forbearing,
18. The Knower of the unseen and the seen, the Mighty, the