1. O Prophet! when you divorce women, divorce them for~
their prescribed time, and calculate the number of the days
prescribed, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, your
Lord. Do not drive them out of their houses, nor should they
themselves go forth, unless they commit an open indecency;
and these are the limits of Allah, and whoever goes beyond
the limits of Allah, he indeed does injustice to his own
soul. You do not know that Allah may after that bring about
2. So when they have reached their prescribed time, then
retain them with kindness or separate them with kindness,
and call to witness two men of justice from among you, and
give upright testimony for Allah. With that is admonished he
who believes in Allah and the latter day; and whoever is
careful of (his duty to) Allah, He will make for him an
3. And give him sustenance from whence he thinks not; and
whoever trusts in Allah, He is sufficient for him; surely
Allah attains His purpose; Allah indeed has appointed a
measure for everything.
4. And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of
menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time
shall be three months, and of those too who have not had
their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their
prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and
whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy
for him his affair.
5. That is the command of Allah which He has revealed to
you, and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah, He will
remove from him his evil and give him a big reward.
6. Lodge them where you lodge according to your means, and
do not injure them in order that you may straiten them; and
if they are pregnant, spend on them until they lay down
their burden; then if they suckle for you, give them their
recompense and enjoin one another among you to do good; and
if you disagree, another (woman) shall suckle for him.
7. Let him who has abundance spend out of his abundance and
whoever has his means of subsistence straitened to him, let
him spend out of that which Allah has given him; Allah does
not lay on any soul a burden except to the extent to which
He has granted it; Allah brings about ease after difficulty.
8. And how many a town which rebelled against the
commandment of its Lord and His apostles, so We called it to
account severely and We chastised it (with) a stern
9. So it tasted the evil result of its conduct, and the end
of its affair was perdition.
10. Allah has prepared for them severe chastisement,
therefore be careful of (your duty to) Allah, O men of
understanding who believe! Allah has indeed revealed to you
11. An Apostle who recites to you the clear communications
of Allah so that he may bring forth those who believe and do
good deeds from darkness into light; and whoever believes in
Allah and does good deeds, He will cause him to enter
gardens beneath which rivers now, to abide therein forever,
Allah has indeed given him a goodly sustenance.
12. Allah is He Who created seven heavens, and of the earth
the like of them; the decree continues to descend among
them, that you may know that Allah has power over all things
and that Allah indeed encompasses all things in (His)