1. Glorify the name of your Lord, the Most High,
2. Who creates, then makes complete,
3. And Who makes (things) according to a measure, then
guides (them to their goal),
4. And Who brings forth herbage,
5. Then makes it dried up, dust-colored.
6. We will make you recite so you shall not forget,
7. Except what Allah pleases, surely He knows the manifest,
and what is hidden.
8. And We will make your way smooth to a state of ease.
9. Therefore do remind, surely reminding does profit.
10. He who fears will mind,
11. And the most unfortunate one will avoid it,
12. Who shall enter the great fire;
13. Then therein he shall neither live nor die.
14. He indeed shall be successful who purifies himself,
15. And magnifies the name of his Lord and prays.
16. Nay! you prefer the life of this world,
17. While the hereafter is better and more lasting.
18. Most surely this is in the earlier scriptures,
19. The scriptures of Ibrahim and Musa.