1. Those who disbelieved from among the followers of the
Book and the polytheists could not have separated (from the
faithful) until there had come to them the clear evidence:
2. An apostle from Allah, reciting pure pages,
3. Wherein are all the right ordinances.
4. And those who were given the Book did not become divided
except after clear evidence had come to them.
5. And they were not enjoined anything except that they
should serve Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience,
upright, and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, and that
is the right religion.
6. Surely those who disbelieve from among the followers of
the Book and the polytheists shall be in the fire of hell,
abiding therein; they are the worst of men.
7. (As for) those who believe and do good, surely they are
the -best of men.
8. Their reward with their Lord is gardens of perpetuity
beneath which rivers flow, abiding therein for ever; Allah
is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with
Him; that is for him who fears his Lord.