1. The Sure Reality!
2. What is the Sure Reality?
3. And what will make thee realise
what the Sure Reality is?
4. The Thamud and the 'Ad People
(branded) as false the Stunning Calamity!
5. But the Thamud,- they were destroyed
by a terrible Storm of thunder and lightning!
6. And the 'Ad, they were destroyed
by a furious Wind, exceedingly violent;
7. He made it rage against them
seven nights and eight days in succession: so that thou
couldst see the (whole) people lying prostrate in its (path),
as they had been roots of hollow palm-trees tumbled down!
8. Then seest thou any of them
9. And Pharaoh, and those before
him, and the Cities Overthrown, committed habitual Sin.
10. And disobeyed (each) the apostle
of their Lord; so He punished them with an abundant Penalty.
11. We, when the water (of Noah's
Flood) overflowed beyond its limits, carried you (mankind),
in the floating (Ark),
12. That We might make it a Message
unto you, and that ears (that should hear the tale and)
retain its memory should bear its (lessons) in remembrance.
13. Then, when one blast is sounded
on the Trumpet,
14. And the earth is moved, and
its mountains, and they are crushed to powder at one stroke,-
15. On that Day shall the (Great)
Event come to pass.
16. And the sky will be rent asunder,
for it will that Day be flimsy,
17. And the angels will be on
its sides, and eight will, that Day, bear the Throne of
thy Lord above them.
18. That Day shall ye be brought
to Judgment: not an act of yours that ye hide will be hidden.
19. Then he that will be given
his Record in his right hand will say: "Ah here! Read ye
20. "I did really understand that
my Account would (One Day) reach me!"
21. And he will be in a life of
22. In a Garden on high,
23. The Fruits whereof (will hang
in bunches) low and near.
24. "Eat ye and drink ye, with
full satisfaction; because of the (good) that ye sent before
you, in the days that are gone!"
25. And he that will be given
his Record in his left hand, will say: "Ah! Would that my
Record had not been given to me!
26. "And that I had never realised
how my account (stood)!
27. "Ah! Would that (Death) had
made an end of me!
28. "Of no profit to me has been
29. "My power has perished from
30. (The stern command will say):
"Seize ye him, and bind ye him,
31. "And burn ye him in the Blazing
32. "Further, make him march in
a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits!
33. "This was he that would not
believe in Allah Most High.
34. "And would not encourage the
feeding of the indigent!
35. "So no friend hath he here
36. "Nor hath he any food except
the corruption from the washing of wounds,
37. "Which none do eat but those
38. So I do call to witness what
39. And what ye see not,
40. That this is verily the word
of an honoured apostle;
41. It is not the word of a poet:
little it is ye believe!
42. Nor is it the word of a soothsayer:
little admonition it is ye receive.
43. (This is) a Message sent down
from the Lord of the Worlds.
44. And if the apostle were to
invent any sayings in Our name,
45. We should certainly seize
him by his right hand,
46. And We should certainly then
cut off the artery of his heart:
47. Nor could any of you withhold
him (from Our wrath).
48. But verily this is a Message
for the Allah.fearing.
49. And We certainly know that
there are amongst you those that reject (it).
50. But truly (Revelation) is
a cause of sorrow for the Unbelievers.
51. But verily it is Truth of
52. So glorify the name of thy
Lord Most High.