1. By the (Winds) sent forth one
after another (to man's profit);
2. Which then blow violently in
3. And scatter (things) far and
4. Then separate them, one from
5. Then spread abroad a Message,
6. Whether of Justification or
7. Assuredly, what ye are promised
must come to pass.
8. Then when the stars become dim;
9. When the heaven is cleft asunder;
10. When the mountains are scattered
(to the winds) as dust;
11. And when the apostles are
(all) appointed a time (to collect);-
12. For what Day are these (portents)
13. For the Day of Sorting out.
14. And what will explain to thee
what is the Day of Sorting out?
15. Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters
16. Did We not destroy the men
of old (for their evil)?
17. So shall We make later (generations)
18. Thus do We deal with men of
19. Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters
20. Have We not created you from
a fluid (held) despicable?-
21. The which We placed in a place
of rest, firmly fixed,
22. For a period (of gestation),
determined (according to need)?
23. For We do determine (according
to need); for We are the best to determine (things).
24. Ah woe, that Day! to the Rejecters
25. Have We not made the earth
(as a place) to draw together.
26. The living and the dead,
27. And made therein mountains
standing firm, lofty (in stature); and provided for you
water sweet (and wholesome)?
28. Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters
29. (It will be said:) "Depart
ye to that which ye used to reject as false!
30. "Depart ye to a Shadow (of
smoke ascending) in three columns,
31. "(Which yields) no shade of
coolness, and is of no use against the fierce Blaze.
32. "Indeed it throws about sparks
(huge) as Forts,
33. "As if there were (a string
of) yellow camels (marching swiftly)."
34. Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters
35. That will be a Day when they
shall not be able to speak.
36. Nor will it be open to them
to put forth pleas.
37. Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters
38. That will be a Day of Sorting
out! We shall gather you together and those before (you)!
39. Now, if ye have a trick (or
plot), use it against Me!
40. Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters
41. As to the Righteous, they
shall be amidst (cool) shades and springs (of water).
42. And (they shall have) fruits,-
all they desire.
43. "Eat ye and drink ye to your
heart's content: for that ye worked (Righteousness).
44. Thus do We certainly reward
the Doers of Good.
45. Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters
46. (O ye unjust!) Eat ye and
enjoy yourselves (but) a little while, for that ye are Sinners.
47. Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters
48. And when it is said to them,
"Prostrate yourselves!" they do not so.
49. Ah woe, that Day, to the Rejecters
50. Then what Message, after that,
will they believe in?