1. Concerning what are they disputing?
2. Concerning the Great News,
3. About which they cannot agree.
4. Verily, they shall soon (come
5. Verily, verily they shall soon
(come to) know!
6. Have We not made the earth as
a wide expanse,
7. And the mountains as pegs?
8. And (have We not) created you
9. And made your sleep for rest,
10. And made the night as a covering,
11. And made the day as a means
12. And (have We not) built over
you the seven firmaments,
13. And placed (therein) a Light
14. And do We not send down from
the clouds water in abundance,
15. That We may produce therewith
corn and vegetables,
16. And gardens of luxurious growth?
17. Verily the Day of Sorting
out is a thing appointed,
18. The Day that the Trumpet shall
be sounded, and ye shall come forth in crowds;
19. And the heavens shall be opened
as if there were doors,
20. And the mountains shall vanish,
as if they were a mirage.
21. Truly Hell is as a place of
22. For the transgressors a place
23. They will dwell therein for
24. Nothing cool shall they taste
therein, nor any drink,
25. Save a boiling fluid and a
fluid, dark, murky, intensely cold,
26. A fitting recompense (for
27. For that they used not to
fear any account (for their deeds),
28. But they (impudently) treated
Our Signs as false.
29. And all things have We preserved
30. "So taste ye (the fruits of
your deeds); for no increase shall We grant you, except
31. Verily for the Righteous there
will be a fulfilment of (the heart's) desires;
32. Gardens enclosed, and grapevines;
33. Companions of equal age;
34. And a cup full (to the brim).
35. No vanity shall they hear
therein, nor Untruth:-
36. Recompense from thy Lord,
a gift, (amply) sufficient,
37. (From) the Lord of the heavens
and the earth, and all between, (Allah) Most Gracious:
None shall have power to argue with Him.
38. The Day that the Spirit and
the angels will stand forth in ranks, none shall speak except
any who is permitted by (Allah) Most Gracious, and He
will say what is right.
39. That Day will be the sure
Reality: Therefore, whoso will, let him take a (straight)
return to his Lord!
40. Verily, We have warned you
of a Penalty near, the Day when man will see (the deeds)
which his hands have sent forth, and the Unbeliever will
say, "Woe unto me! Would that I were (metre) dust!"