1. By the sky, (displaying) the
2. By the promised Day (of Judgment);
3. By one that witnesses, and the
subject of the witness;-
4. Woe to the makers of the pit
5. Fire supplied (abundantly) with
6. Behold! they sat over against
7. And they witnessed (all) that
they were doing against the Believers.
8. And they ill-treated them for
no other reason than that they believed in Allah, Exalted
in Power, Worthy of all Praise!-
9. Him to Whom belongs the dominion
of the heavens and the earth! And Allah is Witness to all
10. Those who persecute (or draw
into temptation) the Believers, men and women, and do not
turn in repentance, will have the Penalty of Hell: They
will have the Penalty of the Burning Fire.
11. For those who believe and
do righteous deeds, will be Gardens; beneath which rivers
flow: That is the great Salvation, (the fulfilment of all
12. Truly strong is the Grip (and
Power) of thy Lord.
13. It is He Who creates from
the very beginning, and He can restore (life).
14. And He is the Oft-Forgiving,
Full of Loving-Kindness,
15. Lord of the Throne of Glory,
16. Doer (without let) of all
that He intends.
17. Has the story reached thee,
of the forces-
18. Of Pharaoh and the Thamud?
19. And yet the Unbelievers (persist)
in rejecting (the Truth)!
20. But Allah doth encompass them
21. Day, this is a Glorious Qur'an,
22. (Inscribed) in a Tablet Preserved!