1. By the Sun and his (glorious)
2. By the Moon as she follows him;
3. By the Day as it shows up (the
4. By the Night as it conceals
5. By the Firmament and its (wonderful)
6. By the Earth and its (wide)
7. By the Soul, and the proportion
and order given to it;
8. And its enlightenment as to
its wrong and its right;-
9. Truly he succeeds that purifies
10. And he fails that corrupts
11. The Thamud (people) rejected
(their prophet) through their inordinate wrong-doing,
12. Behold, the most wicked man
among them was deputed (for impiety).
13. But the Messenger of Allah
said to them: "It is a She-camel of Allah. And (bar her
not from) having her drink!"
14. Then they rejected him (as
a false prophet), and they hamstrung her. So their Lord,
on account of their crime, obliterated their traces and
made them equal (in destruction, high and low)!
15. And for Him is no fear of